Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Tips and Tricks » Any of you use an air purifier indoors?

Any of you use an air purifier indoors?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2019, 07:31 PM

Reynard is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Any of you use an air purifier indoors?

If it’s not warm enough to go out in my garden and smoke (where I am this is all seasons except summer) the only room I smoke in is my sitting/living room. But I’m one of those people who genuinely dislikes a smokey room. Lungs, fine, room, no. And I smoke a lot.

So I invested in an air purifier. It’s middle-high end of the road price-wise. The main cost is buying the filters, so in essence I’m renting the filter unit - there is an odour carbon filter and a HEPA filter. They work out $25 every 6 months.

I have it on the second highest of 3 settings, fan gives an audible hum but I can still enjoy music and movies over it.

Be interested to find out if anyone else uses one/them.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

I use air purifiers too. When I change the filters I also clean the unit with isopropyl alcohol. But what controls odor best is Febreeze plug-ins. Unfortunately (not that I expected it to), it doesn't do anything for tar accumulating on the walls -- that's the biggest downside of smoking indoors, and why I limit my indoor smoking to only one room.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 03-14-2019 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:07 PM

Glad Iím not the only one!

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
When I change the filters I also clean the unit with isopropyl alcohol.
I hadnít thought of that, sounds like a good idea.

Yes plug-ins worked well for me in the past, I may re-invest to be honest. I gave mine away after a brief spell on smokeless tobacco. I found that citrus essential oil refills really cut through the odour.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

I use a purifier. I think it helps. Idk.

I use ozium as well, that shit will kill any odor and smells pretty good too
Old 01-04-2019, 03:47 AM

ChainsmokerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an ionizer fan to keep smoke in check. Plus I get quality furnace filters which help big time.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Originally Posted by ChainsmokerJim View Post
I have an ionizer fan to keep smoke in check. Plus I get quality furnace filters which help big time.
Make sure your furnace is rated for the dense filters. Some are not and youíll shorten the life of the blower motor

I use an aluminum washable filter. Works surprisingly well and I will probably never have to replace it. I supplement that with dryer sheets in the vents
Old 01-04-2019, 04:14 AM

I forgot that I had two of these. Slightly more laborious than having a plug-in, granted. Does the job well though, in combo with a purifier.

Old 03-03-2019, 01:39 AM

Stagger Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jeffs house

Reynard - where do you get your refills of citrus oil and is it exclusively for fa breeze units?
Old 03-03-2019, 01:43 AM

Stagger Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been using Nutri air from lysol and going broke in process . Anybody try the scented candles SOO sells?
Old 03-14-2019, 04:50 PM

Heike is on a distinguished road

My sister (a 2 pack a day smoker) will visit me in May, for a month. Since by then the windows will be closed for the summer, I'm considering an air purifier for my office-room, one of the two rooms in my house where I smoke (kitchen is the other). What should I be looking for, and what should I avoid? And how much should I be prepared to spend?