Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Tips and Tricks » Getting smell off

Getting smell off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2016, 12:36 AM

Chevy21 is on a distinguished road
Default Getting smell off

Hi all...I'm 19 living at home with my parents (strong anti smokers) I smoked a few cigarettes with some friends outdoors. When I came in they were asleep, and I went straight into the shower, trying to touch as little as possible. Took the clothes in the shower with me (lol Ik I'm paranoid)...soaked them and sorta washed them with shampoo them rinsed. I made sure to wash myself well, washed my hair several times etc. Currently the fan is cranking in my room and the clothes are drying (I also sprayed them with old spice after)...I don't notice any smell...am I missing anything or do you think the smell is pretty well covered??? Thanks so much and I hope everyone enjoyed their Valentine's Day!
Old 02-16-2016, 01:34 AM

Mr.PittsburghNicontine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting rid of the smell

If you are trying to hide the smell. Smoke your last cig an hour before you get home. You should be fine as long as you are not in smokey bar or chaining the entire time.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:28 PM

RobbyR is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same issue a few years ago. Here's some tips:

1.) Never smoke inside, even hanging out a window. The smoke will get in and linger. Always go outside to smoke.
2.) Smoke at least an hour or so before coming home, give the smell time to fade.
3.) Get some dryer sheets and dab your clothes/hair a bit with one after having your last cigarette. They're scented and very strong, and will remove the smoke smell.
4.) Wash your hands

That's pretty much it.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Eat lots of beans and cabbage. Problem solved
Old 04-22-2016, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Eat lots of beans and cabbage. Problem solved
I don't think that using one problem to solve another is quite what this thread had in mind!

I guess I have to be glad that back in the "Stone Age" we didn't have to worry about smelling of tobacco smoke because that in itself wasn't proof positive that you had been smoking. People (err, parents) would assume that you were just around other people smoking, which was almost everywhere in public.

Frankly, what Chevy21 really needs is to "come out of the closet." Hell, "manning up" and telling his parents has got to be easier than what he's been doing! Oddly, above he said he was 19, yet on his profile page he is 26?!

Last edited by masklofumanto; 04-22-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

My parents never knew my brother and I smoked until we got caught red handed. You're right. Back then everyone smoked. Probably 2/3 of the jocks smoked too. I had a football coach in peewee football that smoked on the field.

Op could carry around a skunk?
Old 04-23-2016, 11:52 AM

RobbyR is an unknown quantity at this point

Really the best thing to do is just tell them. It's your life if you want to smoke, it's not a big deal.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:02 PM

Kelly2017 is on a distinguished road

Seriously? One hour works? I can still tell I have cigarettes on my breath a bit hours later
Old 09-18-2017, 11:37 PM

JohnDoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kelly2017 View Post
Seriously? One hour works? I can still tell I have cigarettes on my breath a bit hours later
I guess you could try brushing your teeth and gargling with mouthwash. Wait a bit and drink a coffee...