Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Smokers Rights » U.K. smoke-free by 2030!?

U.K. smoke-free by 2030!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2019, 03:21 PM

Reynard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
Reynard,
Yes, the U.S. is mainly a coffee-drinking culture.
I am aware that the British usually add milk to tea. I've been to England, remember.
Yes, apologies, I genuinely have memory and attention issues so if I forget something posted that’s why.

No, I would imagine lemon in tea would do that.

My absolute favourite tea is loose masala chai. I don’t make it properly in a saucepan with milk and spices, just use a strainer. But man that is good tea.

Earl grey is nice, I used to have bergamot-heavy snus, but I do prefer a stronger tea like Assam.

Have you tried Lapsang Souchong? It’s a black tea from China which is smoked, really quite unique. Green tea though, the usual way of having it in China, makes me feel nauseated, for some reason.

Glad you were able to visit our merry Land. I’ve never been Stateside, but have friends over there.

Last edited by Reynard; 01-05-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

No apologies needed, or expected.
Masala Chai is one of my favorites, too, only without milk added.
I don't think I've had Lapsang Souchong, but based on your description I wouldn't like it. I've had many black teas from China, India, and Sri Lanka. I, too, prefer black tea over green tea, though Moroccan mint tea is a mint-flavored green tea that is nice. Jasmine tea is usually green tea with jasmine flowers too. I think I'd like it better if it was black tea with jasmine flowers though.
In Egypt I had a wonderful iced hibiscus tea (not really "tea," though, there's no tea in it). I've gotten hibiscus tea bags since then, but never found anything that replicated the taste of that iced hibiscus tea I had in Egypt.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 01-05-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:33 PM

I would still give Lapsang a go. It’s one of those drinks the taste of which you really don’t expect when it hits the tastebuds. Very aromatic.

Yeah I tried Moroccan green tea in Marrakesh a few years back. Kicking back with the old man and my ma in the main square. Funny thing the Moroccans seemed to do too was have an espresso with a bottle of water. Makes sense I guess.

I nearly got run over by a van there, the traffic regulations are somewhat eccentric. What make me chuckle was getting in a taxi, pulling the seat belt over, then the guy got offended and said “no, no need, I’m a good driver”. When in Rome, so no seatbelt . We were there at August time and the daytime temperature topped 50 deg c. The local professionals walking around in suits, we were there sweating our knackers off in shorts lol.

Yes, jasmine tea is beautifully floral in taste, goes well after a meal too. Only had it in restaurants though.

That hibiscus iced tea sounds great. I think it’s an ingredient I’ve had in herbal tisanes such as run-of-the-mill blackcurrant etc. Never tried it on its own.

Last edited by Reynard; 01-05-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 05:20 PM

This still doesn’t solve the 5% smokers issue here in the U.K.

Last edited by Reynard; 01-06-2019 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:43 PM

Bill is on a distinguished road
Default Sir Winston Churchill

The thought of the UK going smokeless must have Sir Winston Churchill spinning in his grave like a jet turbine!
Old 01-16-2019, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bill View Post
The thought of the UK going smokeless must have Sir Winston Churchill spinning in his grave like a jet turbine!
King George VI too.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Spinning & spitting fire, Rolls-Royce Merlin style

Last edited by Reynard; 01-17-2019 at 03:23 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:18 PM

Smkrscot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by londonsmoke View Post
as long as we are still free to smoke in our homes there is one little part of england that will never go smoke free!
Same for this little part of Scotland
Old 02-11-2019, 04:41 PM

lambertandbutler is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by londonsmoke View Post
as long as we are still free to smoke in our homes there is one little part of england that will never go smoke free!
Originally Posted by Smkrscot View Post
Same for this little part of Scotland
I will always smoke inside my home and have ashtrays in all the rooms. As long as people are smoking, the next generation will carry on smoking as they can see how smokers enjoy it. I grew up in a family where everyone smoked, still do and all smoke inside their homes. Seeing my family around me smoking everyday I always knew I would start as I loved the smell, how it looks and could see the pleasure it gave smokers.