Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Its time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 12:25 AM

kim steele is infamous around these parts
Default Its time

its time tobacco companies were held accountable for the damage that cigarettes do

Last edited by kim steele; 09-23-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:27 AM

Default its time

its time tobacco companies were held accountable for the damage that cigarettes do
Old 09-23-2013, 11:59 AM

joelwlcx is an unknown quantity at this point

You're speaking to the wrong forum, genius. Plus, the tobacco industry doesn't do anything. Last time I checked, no one shoves cigarettes into our mouths and forces us to smoke them, we do. Addiction or not, you always have a choice to smoke. If a person is too weak willed to stop, that's their problem.

In the future, if you want to start some revolution or whatever... Try to be a little more convincing, and choose your audience more carefully.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:02 PM

Default I find it amusing

I find it amusing that you feel the need to ridicule my post the way you did what are you so threatened by the prospect of tobacco companies being held accountable. Its only a matter of time before this happens we are not all stupid and some of us realise that tobacco is a very dangerous substance,unfortunately quite often by that time the damage has been done.I can see a time in the future when tobacco companies will face multi million dollar law suits and lose simply because the laws will be changed and they will no longer be protected from class actions by smokers.

Last edited by kim steele; 09-23-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by kim steele View Post
I find it amusing that you feel the need to ridicule my post the way you did what are you so threatened by the prospect of tobacco companies being held accountable. Its only a matter of time before this happens we are not all stupid and some of us realise that tobacco is a very dangerous substance,unfortunately quite often by that time the damage has been done.I can see a time in the future when tobacco companies will face multi million dollar law suits and lose simply because the laws will be changed and they will no longer be protected from class actions by smokers.
I find it amusing that you try to belittle my post, yet you fail to actually address anything that I said.

If the laws change such so that a company selling a legal product can be endicted for selling said legal product, I'm moving to a lake in Scotland. On the other hand, of course, if tobacco is outlawed and they sell it anyway... Well, they have this discussion already in cannabis related forums. There is absolutely no crime that tobacco companies can commit by simply selling a cigarette to a consenting adult.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:13 PM

Default quite imply put

quite simply put we have a difference of opinion on this so i will play the game nothing you have said makes any sense the only reason to date that tobacco companies have not been held accountable for the damage that cigarettes do is due mainly to the fact that they have been making large political donations to any and all politicians backing there cause thats coming to an end very quickly and political parties are no longer accepting donations from tobacco companies the wheels of change are upon us and you i assume are a person employed by the tobacco industry should make hay while the sun is still shining on tobacco companies its about to change its called accountability and progress
Old 09-24-2013, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by kim steele View Post
quite simply put we have a difference of opinion on this so i will play the game nothing you have said makes any sense the only reason to date that tobacco companies have not been held accountable for the damage that cigarettes do is due mainly to the fact that they have been making large political donations to any and all politicians backing there cause thats coming to an end very quickly and political parties are no longer accepting donations from tobacco companies the wheels of change are upon us and you i assume are a person employed by the tobacco industry should make hay while the sun is still shining on tobacco companies its about to change its called accountability and progress
Punctuation and articulation are your friends. You sound like a crazy person.

I am not employed by any tobacco company, although that would be pretty cool. I don't see any reason why you would assume this. Still, tobacco companies cannot be "held accountable" for selling a legal product to an adult who is willing to buy it, and who knows the risks. They can't be held responsible for child smokers, either. It's the stores fault they sell them, or their friends for giving cigarettes to them. In the end, it's all about maked an informed choice.

And why are you even posting this on this message board? This is a pro-smoking forum, after all.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Joel,
She obviously has an "axe to grind." Answering her just gives her the attention she's craving. So why give her the satisfaction? Everything you wrote, I think, seems sensible, but it is probably just a case of talking to a brick wall.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
Joel,
She obviously has an "axe to grind." Answering her just gives her the attention she's craving. So why give her the satisfaction? Everything you wrote, I think, seems sensible, but it is probably just a case of talking to a brick wall.
I figured as well
Old 10-03-2013, 11:51 AM

JesseB is an unknown quantity at this point

My personal opinion is that every person has a choice, we can't take away all the bad things from the world. I try to smoke away from others not to bother them.