Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » Three Sails, all it's cracked up to be?

Three Sails, all it's cracked up to be?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2020, 09:26 AM

Superlungs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Three Sails, all it's cracked up to be?

Three sails 3.5 oz seems to be out of stock across the board. RYO magazine gave it quite a high rating. My "Mb" flavor recipe was somewhat of a success however my base tobacco leaves me a little nauseous (too strong). Has anyone rolled Three Sails? or Windsail for that matter. I watched a video online that showed how commercial cigarettes are made. Sure - it a horror movie, but I like the taste of Mb's. I'd like to find a bag of tobacco that is already blended additives and all if need be to taste like Mb. when rolled in a "full flavor" tube. Am I asking for too much?
Old 01-13-2020, 08:18 PM

Boogeyman is an unknown quantity at this point

It is possible but it is not for sale in the US.
By the time you figure in shipping cost you would probably be money ahead just buying them buy the pack or carton.Below is a link if you are still interested.

https://www.dutchtobacconist.nl/product-category/rolling-tobacco/?orderby=price
Old 01-13-2020, 10:57 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

don't know if they're still around but there used to be exporters in switzerland that sold marlboro cigs, orig phillip morris production, for something like $12 a carton shipped here to the US. This was back in the early 2000s

Odd thing, they packaged them in "cartons" that were 1 pack deep, ie about the size of a magazine, vs the 2 pack deep cartons we see here. Reason was to help them sneak thru the US mail like they weren't cigarettes. I probably bought 150 or so cartons from them, five to ten cartons at a time, of marlboro lights until i saw a story about phillip morris, being upset at what they were doing, PM hid some small explosive devices (i kid not) in a few cartons to scare away their customers. They weren't real dangerous, about the explosive level of a few firecrackers on an electronic PCB board, that went off when a customer would open the carton. That was a pretty dirty trick on PM's part, but what worried me, was what else they might sneak into the cartons, so i quit buying from the swiss outfit.

But they were legit PM smokes. I got curious, and as at the time i was an exporter/importer, i asked my import broker about marlboro smokes - it turned out they handled PM exports (i'm in RIchmond, VA, ie marlboro land) and the value on a sea container of marlboros was about $4500 , and my memory may be off, but iirc, there's about 4800 cartons in a shipping container.

There's probably similiar outfits out of the phillipines or who knows where doing the same - that swiss outfit shut down.

fwiw
Old 01-13-2020, 11:08 PM

Boogeyman is an unknown quantity at this point

My Bad,The link above does not appear to ship to the US.
I just checked their FAQ.Apparently they do, check "My country is not on your shipping list"

https://www.dutchtobacconist.nl/faqs/

Last edited by Boogeyman; 01-13-2020 at 11:18 PM.