Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Powermatic 2 question


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2019, 11:28 PM
DaveM's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Black Hills, SD
Posts: 911
Rep Power: 98
DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about
Default

Contrary? Because I致e simply addressed a common misconception? Possibly, but I値l wager many will see the sense of my advice and have a better functioning machine because of it.

Besides, I知 old, crusty and will speak my mind!
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2019, 11:50 PM
larryccf's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,844
Rep Power: 198
larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all
Default

Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Contrary? Because I致e simply addressed a common misconception? Possibly, but I値l wager many will see the sense of my advice and have a better functioning machine because of it.

Besides, I知 old, crusty and will speak my mind!

crusty, i'll concede but reality is any metal in a friction environment likes lubrication but you have your own reality, so i said go for it. It's that simple
__________________
Quote of the day: The president could, tomorrow morning, walk across the potomac river and the press would report 'The President Can't Swim' "
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2019, 04:02 AM
Chris from WV's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,941
Rep Power: 208
Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of
Default

Originally Posted by larryccf View Post
sold the company and the buyer shut it down
long story but we got what we wanted
As long as you got what you needed out of the business. I have my eye on an old Bridgeport lathe and an end mill. I知 thinking machine work as a second job/ hobby may be a good idea.
__________________
Follow this.
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2019, 11:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,328
Rep Power: 242
DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough
Default

It could be a lucrative hobby. I'd have to attempt a wheellock ignition but an underhammer would be simpler. Custom tapered, profiled and fluted barrels with custom rifling...Imagine all the options! A 1680 Grenoble target rifle barrel replica would be a very expensive item.

http://www.littlegun.info/arme francaise/artisans c d/a cloistre fr.htm

http://www.littlegun.info/arme francaise/artisans s z/a soissons fr.htm
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2019, 12:41 PM
larryccf's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,844
Rep Power: 198
larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all
Default

Originally Posted by Chris from WV View Post
As long as you got what you needed out of the business. I have my eye on an old Bridgeport lathe and an end mill. I知 thinking machine work as a second job/ hobby may be a good idea.
depends on the amount of business in your area

Because a lot of machine shops went to CNC, there was one shop that after going CNC, went back to bridgeport mill & lathe for what i call "one off" jobs where it didn't pay for the setup time required for CNC - and they stayed busy as hell

the past year though, their shop has been quieter than a mortuary
__________________
Quote of the day: The president could, tomorrow morning, walk across the potomac river and the press would report 'The President Can't Swim' "
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2019, 12:44 PM
larryccf's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,844
Rep Power: 198
larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all
Default

Originally Posted by DancesWithWerewolves View Post
It could be a lucrative hobby. I'd have to attempt a wheellock ignition but an underhammer would be simpler. Custom tapered, profiled and fluted barrels with custom rifling...Imagine all the options! A 1680 Grenoble target rifle barrel replica would be a very expensive item.

http://www.littlegun.info/arme francaise/artisans c d/a cloistre fr.htm

http://www.littlegun.info/arme francaise/artisans s z/a soissons fr.htm
WOW - a little on the esoterica side but interesting
__________________
Quote of the day: The president could, tomorrow morning, walk across the potomac river and the press would report 'The President Can't Swim' "
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2019, 01:13 PM
Chris from WV's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,941
Rep Power: 208
Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of
Default

Originally Posted by larryccf View Post
depends on the amount of business in your area

Because a lot of machine shops went to CNC, there was one shop that after going CNC, went back to bridgeport mill & lathe for what i call "one off" jobs where it didn't pay for the setup time required for CNC - and they stayed busy as hell

the past year though, their shop has been quieter than a mortuary
I知 thinking that my contacts in the trucking industry and all of the frac sites I have contacts with a lathe and mill should pay for themselves pretty quickly.
__________________
Follow this.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Powermatic 2+ question Shandemo RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes 7 09-03-2018 04:06 AM
Where to buy the Powermatic 1 plus?? aholeinthewor1d RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes 10 01-09-2017 02:46 PM
Powermatic 2 Plus bustah RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes 39 03-23-2016 06:46 PM
Powermatic 2 ?? ptrsen01 RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes 21 02-03-2014 08:18 PM
My Powermatic II Bmc RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes 1 10-28-2012 01:06 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Cigreviews.com



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13