Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Powermatic 2 question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2019, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

where Is your screen shot with a direct quote? Put up or shut up!
As for the physics of silicone or graphite, I spend every day dealing with the real world effects of lubricants and dirt. I have much more success keeping moving parts clean and lubricated with both silicone and graphite compared to any petroleum based lubricant. Real word observation matched with real world results. You on the other hand have your “ I’m the smartest guy in the room” attitude and nothing but bullshit to back it up. So again I ask where is your quote from the manufacturer let’s see it in writing with a link.

Last edited by Chris from WV; 11-21-2019 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Spell check sucks
Old 11-21-2019, 08:54 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

i tried to post earlier just before DaveM's post just after Boogeyman's post and got a strange message that my posts have to reviewed and approved by a moderator - anyone have clue why?

and now this post just makes it up on the forum ???
Old 11-21-2019, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

I don’t see anything in the “waiting for moderation “ file. The site has been glitchy lately. Maybe try posting again.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:07 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

i'll try that post again

first to boogeyman's comment about this post being "entertaining" - i agree, it actually got me wondering if some folks are using their PM2 to stuff cigs with something other than tobacco

Boogeyman: in the first picture, the red arrow is indicating the swivel arm that turns a 360 degree circle and is attached to the motor's shaft (the motor is on the other side of that plate)

the small end of that swivel arm fits into the slot (indicated by the 2 red arrows) of the "spoon linkage" in this next picture. THe green arrow up top of the pix is indicating the short articulated arm at the top of the spoon linkage plate that connects to the injector spoon. When that swivel arm makes it way halfway thru the 360 degree swing, it' has pushed the spoon out into the cig tube. Then the 2nd half of the 360 degree circle, it's returning or retracting the spoon back out of the cig tube.

sorry if the images are fuzzy but it's the source video that was fuzzy. THat blue you see on the "spoon linkage" is grease that i suspect only got thrown or squeezed onto the spoon linkage plate after the swivel arm made it's first swing. The part that needs lube is the actual edges of the slot where the pin on the swivel arm pushes (note, one of the youtube videos indicated at the small end of that swivel arm it's a small bearing - that must be one of the later gens, as mine only has a hardened pin. If your's has a bearing, i'd suggest a small drop or two (no more) of a thin oil to penetrate into the bearing and "wake up" the dried grease inside the bearing as well as a slight touch of grease on the edges of the slot. If no bearing, then i'd suggest grease on the edges of the slot

fwiw

Last edited by larryccf; 11-21-2019 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Are you still running your “machine shop” Larry?
Old 11-21-2019, 10:01 PM

sold the company and the buyer shut it down
long story but we got what we wanted
Old 11-21-2019, 10:20 PM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

I’ve “repaired” several machines of differing brands for friends and family over the years. They are rarely broken, just jammed and caked with oily dust. I’ve gotten the best results from a regular cleaning without lubricant. Oh I used to use lubricants too but learned the hard way. Keep ‘em clean, keep ‘em dry. They’ll last for years.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:36 PM

DaveM - if that's what's worked for you, stay with it

only thing that contradicts that logic is that the manufacturer started it out with lube
Old 11-21-2019, 11:11 PM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by larryccf View Post
DaveM - if that's what's worked for you, stay with it

only thing that contradicts that logic is that the manufacturer started it out with lube
There’s nothing unusual about that. Many manufacturers produce sealed bushings and bearings where the lubricant is introduced when pressed and no further lubrication is necessary or possible.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:14 PM

if that's your reality, then go for it

hell, if you want, pour some sand in there while you're at it. Like chris said above, if you want to be contrary, fine, go for it