Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Powermatic 2 question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2019, 11:10 PM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

Hmm, the last time I used a spray it covered anything and everything in the vicinity. But, like I said, Iíve had excellent results with alcohol only. Your results may vary.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

Thatís it!!!! I am canceling all further lubrication services for the entire fleet of trucks that I manage. Alcohol rubs all around screw the grease or oil changes.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:07 PM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

Some products require lubrication, some donít. Read the manual.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

The laws of physics tend to disagree with your opinion. Or do you chose to disregard those laws because of something that you read somewhere. Any time you have 2 metal surfaces rubbing together without lubrication there will be premature wear. To deny this is ludicrous.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:18 PM

Those product designers have no regard for the law!
Old 11-21-2019, 09:39 AM

Boogeyman is an unknown quantity at this point

One thing I will say is this post has gotten extremely entertaining.
Larry,your suggestion about knock out the fine accumulated tobacco has helped rejuvinate my machine.For the life of me I did not know there was a grill on the bottom of the unit.
I think I may go ahead and purchase another one with the price being on the low end of a constant price fluctuation.
I have pick up some synthetic clock oil and have some silicon grease for when I get a replacement before I disect this unit.
Thank you for all your input.

Last edited by Boogeyman; 11-22-2019 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:17 AM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boogeyman View Post
One thing I will say ie this post has gotten extremely entertaining.
I agree - it got me wondering if some folks are using their machine to stuff their cigs with something other than tobacco.

here's a couple of shots i took from one of the youtube repair videos
-in the first shot, that short black arm is the actual arm that's attached to the motor's shaft (motor is on the opposite side of that plate. The end of that arm rides in the slot pictured in the second pix.

that slot the two red arrows are pointing to are where you want the grease, but not where you see it in the pix - suspect it got pushed or squeezed out of the slot the first time the arm turned it's first revolution - just make sure you get some down on the edges of the slot where the bearing at the end of the arm rubs it. That slot is on what zico calls the "spoon linkage"

THe green arrow at the top is pointing to the short arm on that spoon linkage that actually connects to the spoon. When the swivel arm (that's attached to the motor shaft) goes thru a complete 360 degree revolution, it pushed the spoon out and into the cig tube, and then pulls it back out of the cig tube during injection
Old 11-21-2019, 11:45 AM

Youíll find that when you disassemble your machine that the only lubricated part is the spindle bearing off the motor. That piece was lubed when assembled and thereís no way or need to add more lubricant. Oiling anything else will only attract dust and gum up the works.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
Youíll find that when you disassemble your machine that the only lubricated part is the spindle bearing off the motor. That piece was lubed when assembled and thereís no way or need to add more lubricant. Oiling anything else will only attract dust and gum up the works.
Did you even read anything that Larry or I wrote? The whole oil or grease will gum things up. That is why we both recommend silicone, and I recommended graphite. Neither of those will and hold the dust. I sometimes wonder if you actually comprehend the things posted on this forum, or do you immediately go into contrarian mode on general purposes.
I would also love to see a pic or a screen shot of the manufacturer telling the user not to lubricate. I suspect that is some bull that you just wrote to be contrary. My research has not found and statement copse to your claim.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:26 PM

If it adheres to the metal or plastic it will attract dust. Itís called physics. No need to bad mouth me is there? Simply observe.