Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New Old Guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2019, 12:49 PM
Entry Member

ron45@tularosa.net is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Old Guy

Hello Everyone I'm unhappy with using pipe tobacco to roll cigaretts. I have the title RAW roller.

The smokes usually come out OK but don't like the taste.
`Been using Day's end blend from a local tobacco shop in Ruidoso N.M.

I visited the Leaf Only forum and then and then saw a vid on blending the three popular tobacco leaves and ratios to approximate the`commercial Ciggy taste video on YouTube.'

I think I want to move in that direction but need some suggestions and sources for acquiring the proper devices to process the leaves.

I'm hoping the Leaf only site can suggest and sell me small samples

to get started.

I'd be grateful any suggestions.

Thank You for your time.

Ron

Last edited by ron45@tularosa.net; 11-17-2019 at 12:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-17-2019, 01:13 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

THERE'S a sticky thread up above (link below) on the various different style shredders and their pros & cons. THat will be a good start

https://www.cigreviews.com/forums/ryo-roll-your-own-cigarettes/9311-whole-leaf-shredders-comparison-review.html

as to whole leaf, i'd suggest sourcing from wholeleaftobacco.com over Leaf Only - i've sourced from both, and Leaf Only, after 4 purchases, none were entirely satisfactory in terms of quality or condition of the leaf, i just gave up on them. And there's a new member that just joined with pretty similar experience with Leaf Only.

I don't want to give the impression i'm a "fanboy" for whole leaf, but they're at least decent on quality and consistent in quality - Leaf Only just gave me the impression of an arrogant chicago yankee that just doesn't care. read down on the first page of this thread re Leaf Only

https://www.cigreviews.com/forums/ryo-roll-your-own-cigarettes/9484-help-enhancing-flavor-canadian-flue-cured.html

One other consideration on what you're looking for - keep in mind, the packaged pipe tobacco sold in brick & mortar tobacco shops or gas stations, is usually the cheapest stuff they could source and then it's been on the shelf for awhile. There are a lot of quality RYO pipe tobaccos available online. Shredding is not only going to take a pretty decent investment to do right, it's going to take effort and in the long run, as i point out in that sticky thread, it's not cheaper than packaged dual use pipe tobacco

Last edited by larryccf; 11-17-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:37 PM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

Welcome Ron! Itís good to have you here. I agree with you on the all-purpose tobaccos. Not worth the effort. And in my opinion the stuff you buy on line is no better than what can be bought locally. All crap!

I buy my tobacco from Leaves & Shredders, formerly known as Fresh Choice. The same people, they just canít seem to decide on a name. I prefer their Turkish blend. Itís mechanically destemmed so requires only shredding which is no big deal since shredding a pound only takes a minute. Hell, it takes longer to vacuum up my mess! Give them a call, they gave me some free samples and just might do the same for you.