Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » Rolling vs Injecting -- which do you prefer?

Rolling vs Injecting -- which do you prefer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2019, 10:10 AM

chris2019 is on a distinguished road
Default Rolling vs Injecting -- which do you prefer?

Do you prefer rolling cigarettes or injecting tobacco? I have never tried rolling, I have always used an injector machine. But I was thinking about getting into rolling so that I could make cigarettes with diameters larger than the standard cigarette ring size. I was curious to know if anyone prefers rolling instead of injecting, and why you like it better.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 10-12-2019, 12:22 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

i don't think we've seen a lot of posts, if any, from folks that actually roll their own using papers.

One issue for me would be the speed or lack of it in rolling, 2nd the inconsistent density - it has to be harder to get consistent density and amount of tobacco in each cigarette and then there's the other obvious negative when out in public - folks thinking you're smoking a doobie.

if you're thinking in terms of backup rolling or rolling while traveling, those hand held injectors are about the same size as those small rollers, so i don't really see any advantage
Old 10-15-2019, 04:29 PM

lavenatti is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure I'd say I prefer rolling to injecting, I still inject the vast majority of my cigarettes, but it is fun to do once in awhile. There's a vast array of papers to try, it's an easy way to try a new blend and every once in a while I like a non-filtered smoke.
The investment is cheap, for less than $10 you can get a hand roller and a few packs of papers. A little practice and your density comes out fine.
As Larry pointed out - I wouldn't do it in public.
Not sure you can make fatter cigarettes with the hand rollers, they seem to want to make a certain diameter. You can probably replace or stretch the material they come with if you wanted to play around.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:43 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

I hand roll mine with Top papers. It is really quick to do. With experience you can make them look perfect but I still get a football shaped or conical one now and then if I'm not paying attention. They are close enough. I just takes a bit of finess to make them perfect every time. I roll them one at a time. when I want one. Screw them if they think I'm smoking something else. I don't care.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 10-15-2019 at 06:46 PM.