Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Windsail Cigarette Tubes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2019, 01:54 PM

chris2019 is on a distinguished road
Default Windsail Cigarette Tubes

Does anyone smoke with Windsail tubes? I was thinking about trying them.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 10-11-2019, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

I tried them once. An elegant looking, all-white, full flavor tube, but I found that they somewhat muted the flavor of the tobacco as well as some of the "strength" of the smoke (in the latter, Windsail is comparable to Vera Cruz Elegante). I think they might pair well with a very robust tobacco, such as Three Sails.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:25 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

i tried them maybe 4 years ago, and vaguely recall similiar assessment to mask's - with one additional note, the paper taste was stronger than i was looking for.

But they are a quality tube

But these really are personal preferences - chris2019, you really are going to have to buy and try different tubes to find the one that hits all the buttons for your taste buds with the tobacco(s) you choose to smoke.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

If you're looking for an all-white full flavor tube, the only other one I know of is Gizeh Golden Tip. I can't comment further because I haven't tried them, though Gizeh tubes are reputed for their quality.

Larry's correct about personal preferences regarding tubes. Of course, poor quality tubes would be reviled by just about everyone (much like poor quality tobacco).
Old 10-27-2019, 06:01 PM

chris2019 is on a distinguished road

Yesterday, along with a bag of Daughters and Ryan Three Sails, I received a box of Windsail Elite 100mm tubes. They are excellent. They are high quality cigarette tubes, and the design is very appealing. I also received a box of Top Gold 100mm. The paper used to make the Windsail tubes is heavier than the paper used to make the Top Gold tubes.

Smoking tobacco in the elegant Windsail tube makes smoking more enjoyable for me. They are really great tubes.

note: The reason I like 100mm tubes is because after injecting I place the cigarette tube inside an aluminum tube with a plastic end and pack it on a heavy steel block. When I place the cigarette into the metal tube I drop in a cigarette filter that has been pressed and twisted at the front end to form a taper so that it can get inside the cigarette tube while packing. After the cigarette has been nicely packed, there is some empty space at the end. So I fold that excess paper a couple of times and then carefully twist it, and then cut off most of the excess with a nail clipper. The cigarette becomes shorter, so it is nice to have the extra length of the 100mm. I also like the longer filter length.

Last edited by chris2019; 10-27-2019 at 07:08 PM.