Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Melachrino Cigarettes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2019, 02:50 PM

chris2019 is on a distinguished road
Default Melachrino Cigarettes

Would it be possible to roll a fat cigarette like this? And, does anyone prefer rolling cigarettes rather than injecting tobacco into tubes?

Old 10-05-2019, 05:59 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

using one of these machines https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vtg-1950s-Brown-Williamson-Bugler-Thrift-Kit-Cigarette-Roller-Original-Box/223457360275?hash=item340718b993:g:BKoAAOSwbX5cgCc u (and they're still in production but you'll have to look for them) you can roll cigs the size of your thumb. YOu'll have to double up on the rolling papers, ie glue one to the back edge of another to give yourself enough paper

Last edited by larryccf; 10-06-2019 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:06 AM

Larry,

So with a rolling machine, you can adjust it and get any diameter you want? If you wanted to make a cigarette with just a little larger diameter than a standard cigarette, maybe a little less than the Melcahrino, would one rolling paper be enough?

I am really looking forward to getting a rolling machine. I just need to find the right one.

Last edited by chris2019; 10-06-2019 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:28 AM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

with the machine i linked above, you can roll a pretty large diameter cig - there will still be a limit as to how large as at one point, too much tobacco in the rolling trough will simply make the cig too dense, ie like a oak stick and you won't be able to draw air thru it

other manual rollers, like the one below, you don't have much leeway as to how large a cig you can roll

Old 10-06-2019, 08:46 AM

This looks like a nice one:

https://www.leafonly.com/cigarette-tobacco-leaf/tobacco-accessories/ace-roller

Old 10-06-2019, 09:03 AM

besides price, my only question on that one is that it's made of wood and i wonder about it's durability, ie how long it'll hold up

the bugler up above, i've had one, and while it's made of stamped steel, the damn things are lifetime tools

your choice
Old 10-06-2019, 11:45 AM

I know that a hand-rolled cigarette won't look perfect like an injected tube. But will a rolling machine make a perfectly uniform cigarette?
Old 10-06-2019, 12:03 PM

once you've gotten the hang of it, which won't take long, it'll surprise you. The only variation will be diameter and that will depend on how much tobacco you drop in the trough - and even if you were to bother weighing each tobacco load like ammunition reloaders do with the powder charge, it still wouldn't be that perfect because the weight would vary with the tobacco leaf density & mass.

But you'll get close enough just by hand loading
Old 10-06-2019, 01:20 PM

So the Buglar rolling machine is the only rolling machine that you know of that is able to produce cigarettes with large diameters? And should a cigarette with a large ring size be smoother than a standard cigarette?

Last edited by chris2019; 10-06-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:02 PM

the one you linked to may be able to, i don't know as i haven't used it

i have used a bugler, back in college days and we could roll cigars if we wanted to, plus they've been around since the dawn of time, and last forever.

here's another shot of the same type roller, note the size of the trough on the right hand side

and it's on amazon, a chinese copy, and $18 shipped

Here's an ebay search for Brown & Williamson cigarette rolling machine - https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=12&_fspt=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_from=R40&_nkw =brown+williamson+cigarette+roller&_sacat=0&_fosrp =1

note how rough / abused some look - people run them into the ground and they still make smokes. And there are still folks offering replacement rolling "aprons" for the bugler / Brown & Williamson rollers https://coinsandmoreonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products _id=341

as fyi, it was originally a Bugler design from the 1930s and Brown & Williamson re-introduced it in the 1960s

Last edited by larryccf; 10-06-2019 at 02:19 PM.