Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Filterless tubes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 05:54 PM
Entry Member

KermieD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filterless tubes

Athey used to make these but I can no longer find them for sale. Is there a current manufacturer that's putting these out now? NOT interested in rolling papers and NOT interested in a "tear off the filter" option. Thanks for any pertinent info in advance
Old 07-11-2019, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

Have you tried looking for Excel tubes? There is a difference, though. Excel tubes are 72 mm. in length (the same length as a NF Camel).
Old 07-12-2019, 10:42 AM

Boogeyman is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried a deligent search and found nill on non filter tubes.Excel has been dicontinued for a while now.The Athey tubes were marketed by Daughters and Ryan the same name as their Athey tobacco.You my want to try and contact D&R to see if they have discontinued these tubes or plan on producing anymore of them.One avenue you may want to check out is RaKuten from Japan.I found a number of Japan tobacco stores offering them.Not all of the Japanese sites I found would translate to English though.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/lightersk/item/tu78872/

http://www.world-tobacco.net/1108_7901.html

Last edited by Boogeyman; 07-12-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

Someone posted Russian-style papirosa tubes made in Israel a little while back. They are a bit expensive compared to other tubes. The end is recessed, but there is no filter. Here's the URL:

https://www.cigreviews.com/forums/ryo-roll-your-own-cigarettes/9093-smoking-telescopic-sigarette-tubes-tm-tone-natural-paper-no-glue-technology.html#post66515

Last edited by masklofumanto; 07-12-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:58 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

I don't think those were meant for tobacco. Out of curiosity I moistened a Top cigarette paper on the wrong end then rolled it onto a ballpoint pen and moistened the gum. Then I rolled it the rest of the way and slid it off the pen. Looks perfect to me. Would be a hell of alot cheaper if you dont feel like handrolling. Not much work really. Of course I did not try injecting it because I cant find my cheap injector. May not work IDK.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 07-12-2019 at 07:01 PM.