Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » Slow burning tube that doesnít mute the flavor

Slow burning tube that doesnít mute the flavor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 11:02 AM

Aboaultan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Slow burning tube that doesnít mute the flavor

Iím looking for a tube that burn the slowest that it gets without muting the flavor
It doesnít matter if itís light or ff , maybe it has to be full since i want the whole flavor of the tobacco. I hope that i made it clear.
Iíve read that maybe mascotte and twister are the must neutral? Maybe also zico ? Iím planning to buy some of these tubes but I donít know whatís the best.
Also, i found marlboro red and camel tubes, but i was wondering if they worth it ? Has anybody tried them?
Old 07-11-2019, 01:33 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

on the question of a neutral tube, I smoke the Mascotte Classic King size for that very reason, very little taste from the paper - they're full flavor tubes

As to a slower burning tube, paper is paper, it's burn rate is usually controlled by the tobacco's burn rate. I suppose the paper could be treated with a chemical similiar to the Fire Safety Chemical used in USA commercial cigs, but that would mean adulterating the taste, but i haven't heard of a cig tube touted for it's slow burning rate.

You might try regulating your tobacco to a slightly higher moisture level to slow it's burn rate down without adulterating the flavor - i use the Bovedo humidity packs https://www.amazon.com/Boveda-62-Percentage-Individually-Wrapped-Humidity/dp/B00FWPQ8XQ?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY 6Q&tag=duckduckgo-ffsb-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creative ASIN=B00FWPQ8XQ

they can be had in varying humidity levels, and once they are dried out, they can be recharged - i put a dried out one into a rubbermaid tub with a pc of celery, place it on a warm shelf overtop my computer, and let the packs absorb the humidity out of the air that the pc of celery gives off.

Just a suggestion

Last edited by larryccf; 07-11-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:30 PM

Lol , looks like youíre very active member here.
I was planning to try them but couldnít find a website that sells them. I smoke windsail, zen, gh, and betreta, do they differ from mascotte that much ?
For moisting the tobacco, Iím planning to buy bovetas but to enhance the taste of the tobacco because i think i like the taste better than dry. However, i donít know how Iíll perserve the cigarettes after making them, i put them in an aluminum cig case but it seems that it doesnít hold the moisture that well. I also stuff day by day since I canít keep them moist. Got any ideas about keeping them fresh for a week or so ?
Whatís the perfect boveda moisture for the tobacco ?
Old 07-11-2019, 03:21 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

i'd heard they were having some kind of issues importing them here into the US so a few months back, i bought 3 cases. But they're made in Germany, iirc, so you might try some websites in Germany, Denmark or UK
Old 07-12-2019, 10:03 AM

BobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really nice

I make several cartons of smokes at a time, I store them in a air tight Tupperware container with a boveada pack inside with them. I reload my case a needed. Once they get in my pocket they start drying out, I haven’t found a convenient way around that. I use a mix of whole leaf and bagged Tobacco once I shred and mix I store it in a 5galoin food bucket with a pound of cigar beads.

Burn rate has more to do with the packing and moisture level of the tobacco then the tube, they basically all will flash burn when lit empty.

Several tubes besides the Mascote I have found that are nearly flavorless are the Golden Harvest and Zen FF kings. If you can find them Twister FF are the best to me, but they are rarely in stock.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:06 PM

Wouldnít putting the boveda packs with the made cigarettes moisten the paper it self ? Moist cigarettes paper change the taste of the tobacco for me, nearly making it tasteless somehow. What if you just put them in ziplock or tupperware alone, would that perserve them well enough ? Iíve been thinking of doing that.
As for twister, yeah I canít find them anywhere, but since they are similar to zen and Golden Harvest i think Iíll just stop looking. And Iím going to buy mascotte x filter.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:23 PM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

I generally make about a weekís supply of cigarettes at a time and store them in a Tupperware container with a 69% Boveda pack. I also store my unshredded and shredded tobacco in 5 or 7 gallon buckets with Gamma Seal lids and a Boveda pack. The only reason I use the 69% packs is thatís what my leaf comes packed with. If a pack loses its moisture then I rehydrate by placing in a baggie with a damp paper towel for a couple of weeks.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:30 PM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Aboaultan View Post
Wouldnít putting the boveda packs with the made cigarettes moisten the paper it self ? Moist cigarettes paper change the taste of the tobacco for me, nearly making it tasteless somehow. What if you just put them in ziplock or tupperware alone, would that perserve them well enough ? Iíve been thinking of doing that.
As for twister, yeah I canít find them anywhere, but since they are similar to zen and Golden Harvest i think Iíll just stop looking. And Iím going to buy mascotte x filter.
My experience with the 69% Boveda packs is that they maintain the moisture level of the tobacco at about 14% or so but do not add significant moisture so as to wet the contents. The papers and tobacco hold steady at the 14% level. No soggy smokes here!
Old 07-12-2019, 06:57 PM

Aboaultan - this may help you understand how the boveda packs work - basically the packet paper is like gore-tex, but two way, it let's humidity not water droplets in or out.

The reason "in or out" is that if the humidity in the container is higher than the level stated on the packet, ie the 69% DaveM indicated, it will take humidity out of the air until it's brought the humidity level down to 69%. If the humidity level is lower than 69%, it allows humidity to be released from the packet

But it doesn't keep pumping humidity out into the environment it's in so no, you're going to set wet soggy paper or tobacco.

The reason i re-saturate the packets the way i described above, is basically i'm letting the packet take the moisture out of air - and being on a warm shelf helps the water in the celery vaporize a little better. If you let the packet come in contact with the celery or water source, you're inviting the transfer of contaminants in the water, ie calcium and whatever other minerals are in the water, and that will contaminate the gel in the boveda packets and degrade their life

fwiw

Reason
Old 07-13-2019, 05:19 AM

And how do you put the boveda pack ? Do you let it touch the tobacco/cigarettes?
I think i made my mind then, Iím buying them soon.