Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » shipping high costs, and kendal gold out of stock

shipping high costs, and kendal gold out of stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2019, 07:50 AM

Aboaultan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping high costs, and kendal gold out of stock

Hi everyone
i`m from saudia arabia , and for the last three or four months i've been paying for shipping about 48 dollars, 8 from p&c to my globalshopaholics addres at delware wilmington, then 40 dollars from there to my house via aramex.
it's a bit hard since i also have to order only a 16oz due to customs who even don't have clear rules for ordering tobacco, sometimes they say 250g and sometimes they don't care. so does anyone have an idea to get lower costs for shipping?
another thing, i wanted to order kendal gold but didn't find any website have it available, does anyone know where to get it? or even if anyone wanted to sell some i'm willing to buy.
thank you
Old 07-09-2019, 03:00 PM

larryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of light

if P&C will ship US Postal direct to you, i just sent a 2 lb 9 oz package (1.16 kg) (about the same volume as a 500G bag of KG) to New Zealand and it surprised me how cheap it was - with no insurance coverage it was $38

more surprisingly, it only took 9 days total transit time
Old 07-09-2019, 03:51 PM

Thats really surprising , shipped through what ? Ups ?
Old 07-09-2019, 06:50 PM

larryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of light

shipped by US Postal, ie sent by mail

I don't know what the additional volume of two 500g bags would do to the cost, but by weight that's approx $19 USD per 500g bag

and again, that was to New Zealand, quite a bit further than saudi arabia

P&C might be leary of the shipping procedure, but it's really fairly simple - they have to fill out a short customs declaration form and sign it. You might suggest to P&C that you will accept all responsibility for any losses incurred by your country's customs seizures, as seeing how you're in a muslim country, and tobacco is prohibited, they might have a concern there

here's a shot of the customs declaration form - the "LA363xxxxxxx" number up at the top is also the tracking number. You can go to USPS.com and enter it in the tracking box and it will pull the shipment up.

tracking is pretty decent, much like UPS - only difference, once the package arrives in UK, then it seems to disappear until it arrives at the destination country

and in case you're not aware, what i meant by "volume weight" is, all carriers have two rates, one for actual weight of the package and then an adjustment for the package's volume. The package i shipped was 11" X 8" x 2" which = 176 cubic inches, so if P&C will ship direct to you, you'd be smart to ask the to use the smallest box they can fit the bag into

Last edited by larryccf; 07-09-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:39 AM

Actually the problem is not tobacco prohibition in islam because cigarettes are sold everywhere publicly it’s not the problem here , the problem is the big merchants who are importing tobacco will lose if everyone is able to order from outside , since we actually have our own versions of brand cig but worse. So customs limited us 500 g each order.
So you’re saying if i told p&c to ship to my country they might really do it for the same prices you’re saying ? Not exactly 19$ but around that ?
If that the case then that would be great. Thanks, I’ll try that. But i didn’t understand the customs form, i should be the one who print it or will they ask about it or what ?
Sorry that i have many questions, I don’t really understand this kind of procedures that well
Old 07-10-2019, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

It would be P&C, as the sender, that would fill out the USPS customs declaration form.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:59 AM

Oh, even better. I sent them a request and will see what happen
And about kendal gold ? Is it available anywhere on earth ?

Last edited by Aboaultan; 07-10-2019 at 05:04 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Aboaultan View Post
Actually the problem is not tobacco prohibition in islam because cigarettes are sold everywhere publicly it’s not the problem here , the problem is the big merchants who are importing tobacco will lose if everyone is able to order from outside , since we actually have our own versions of brand cig but worse. So customs limited us 500 g each order.
So you’re saying if i told p&c to ship to my country they might really do it for the same prices you’re saying ? Not exactly 19$ but around that ?
If that the case then that would be great. Thanks, I’ll try that. But i didn’t understand the customs form, i should be the one who print it or will they ask about it or what ?
Sorry that i have many questions, I don’t really understand this kind of procedures that well
First i would ask P&C if they will ship internationakly - a lot of vendors won't. P&C may not be aware or current in their knowledge of tobacco and Saudia Arabia as i wasn't - it would be helpful if you indicated to them you would bear responsibility for any losses occurring due to customs seizures. Vendors have had issues when their shipments disappear from tracking while in customs inspection process.

As to Kendal Gold not being available - i used to smoke KG exclusively and from time to time there would be a shortage. As i understood it, P&C became the exclusive importer of the Gawith Haggarth tobaccos, so if they are out, i suspect the other dealers carrying it are also out. I just checked SmokingPipes.com and they apparently also out ( https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/gawith-hoggarth/Kendal-Gold/product_id/3995/bulk ).

PS - it looks like TobaccoPipes.com may have some in stock https://www.tobaccopipes.com/gawith-hoggarth-co-kendal-gold-pipe-tobacco-500g/
Old 07-10-2019, 09:49 AM

I sent a request and will wait to see what happen.

Even tobaccopipes are out of stock , does anyone knows how long usually it takes to have it available again, and how long has it been out of stock ?
Old 07-10-2019, 11:50 AM

Boogeyman is an unknown quantity at this point

Both of the companies mentioned above offer international shipping TobaccoPipes.com and smokingpipes.com.they both have an 800 number and should be able to answer your questions on direct shipping cost and the expected time of when the Kendal Gold will be in stock.

https://www.tobaccopipes.com/frequently-asked-questions/#whereyouship

https://www.smokingpipes.com/information/faq/intshipping.cfm