Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » bug/beetle came out of tobacco, suggestion for vendor and blends?

bug/beetle came out of tobacco, suggestion for vendor and blends?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2019, 08:50 PM

ani007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bug/beetle came out of tobacco, suggestion for vendor and blends?

it was in my mix of 3 sails and ryback, it started rolling on my wood tray quite a surprise. the tobacco isn't ruined is it? keeping my eye out for any more...

i just started tubes and stuffing using powermatic mini and getting much better experience vs element rice papers and zen filters with raw roller.
using gambler tubes and zen menthol. think i'm going to order some zen regulars off amazon.

used pipesandcigars going to try to order it in mnfg bags next time. i like the sails and ryback and amsterdam. got some more to try but been sticking to those. got an oz of each OHM and 8oz of their mint. an oz of windsail platinum. an oz of ramback.

want to order a few lbs...thinking 3 sails and amsterdam...maybe ryback to mix with 3 sails. any others that would be good? i like the low stem count on the 3 sails and very easy to work with. can't afford the amsterdam cig cut anymore, any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.

should i stick with p and c? might try to get order to 100 to get free shipping.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:04 PM

Boogeyman is an unknown quantity at this point

P&C is only $79 minimum for free shipping.
For me P&C had the best bang for the buck and lowest shipping rates.
The only downside is they do not sell cig tubes but I get a decent deal on my tubes with Amazon or Ebay.
You may want to keep the bug thing on the down low otherwise everybody will complain if they don't get one

Last edited by Boogeyman; 05-09-2019 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:34 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

I saw one of those tobacco beetles on my wood floor the other day. Just one wont eat much but I'd look for the others.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Boogeyman View Post
P&C is only $79 minimum for free shipping.
For me P&C had the best bang for the buck and lowest shipping rates.
The only downside is they do not sell cig tubes but I get a decent deal on my tubes with Amazon or Ebay.
You may want to keep the bug thing on the down low otherwise everybody will complain if they don't get one
omg thank you so much for letting me know that.
i've been thinking about getting the zen regulars off amazon, the zen menthols that came are pretty good, although usually overpower any tobacco taste lol. using gambler 100s right now.

still undecided on what to get..do you know if P&C will sell the lb of amsterdam in the mnfg packaging? there's nothing really indicating that like with others on their site and trying to find the freshest source.

might get some 3 sails and ryback again. i really liked the amsterdam cig cut but its so pricey and now with the powermatic mini im finally enjoying using pipe tobacco cause before with the zen filters and element rice papers i was not rolling great smokes lol

thanks for helping out this newb, i'm stoked the minimum is only 79 lol

Last edited by ani007; 05-11-2019 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by DancesWithWerewolves View Post
I saw one of those tobacco beetles on my wood floor the other day. Just one wont eat much but I'd look for the others.
thankfully it looks like it was just that one, although it is really spooky to see tobacco rolling on your wood tray lol this is the second time it's happened to me, first was from pricey af amsterdam cig cut tub lmao paying 50 bucks for 5oz did not save me
Old 05-11-2019, 10:45 PM

Boogeyman is an unknown quantity at this point

FWIW P&C looks to be having a 20% off sale on VPB and D&R tobacco.
I wasn't able to find the sale anouncement on their web site and I did not recieve an Email stating they were putting D&R products on sale.Their advertised tobacco on their web site is marked down though.I have no idea how long the sale is going to last.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:21 AM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ani007 View Post
thankfully it looks like it was just that one, although it is really spooky to see tobacco rolling on your wood tray lol this is the second time it's happened to me, first was from pricey af amsterdam cig cut tub lmao paying 50 bucks for 5oz did not save me
What I'm saying is that the beetles may not come from the tobacco. I had bought a sample of Yenidje tobacco from Leaf Only. After some time I checked it and it was full of holes and ruined. Those little beetle bastards were everywhere. I'm sure their offspring still reside in hidden places. I don't come across them often tho.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:17 PM

I wasn't able to find the sale anouncement on their web site and I did not recieve an Email stating they were putting D&R products on sale.Their advertised tobacco on their web site is marked down though.I have no idea how long the sale is going to last.
dude you're awesome, ordered couple bags of 3 sails, a bag of ryback gold, 9oz of amsterdam, couple oz of ryback, oz of vengeur silver and rowland to try, order came to 79 lol

shipping will take awhile went with free option over 3 day and i'm on west coast. gonna order zen regular filters off amazon. still got some single oz samples of ohm, almost 8oz of their mint, and little ramback left to try some more. kinda went heavy with three sails,then three sails mixed with ryback, then amsterdam and stopped experimenting. i also don't know too much about hydration, i just put it in the powermatic mini lol

thanks for lmk about the sale and saving me money, mucho appreciated
Old 05-14-2019, 12:47 PM

what is VPB tobacco? i wish i had ordered a windsail platinum, 2 lbs 3 sails
and a pound of ryback gold sounds very derivative and i just tried the WP and its really good. :/ i haven't gotten tracking no. yet so sent them a message if i could exchange.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

VPB is a "value line" of tobacco made by Daughters & Ryan.