Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » What "no name" 100mm brown-tip "red" tubes???

What "no name" 100mm brown-tip "red" tubes???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2019, 06:54 PM

CottonTexas is on a distinguished road
Default What "no name" 100mm brown-tip "red" tubes???

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums, but I've been a Buoy tobacco and Kentucky Select filter-tube smoker for years now using a hand-held machine. I like the way that the KS tubes don't have any branding on them (it's just easier to call it "generic" if/when anyone asks), but the Top-O-Matic that was gifted to me is missing the king-size adapter plate, and KS doesn't make a 100mm tube that I can find. I was hoping that someone has a brand (or a few) that they can recommend. I'm looking for 100mm red tubes, and I wouldn't mind a red band (or I'd even settle for gold bands at the right value), but I'd really like to avoid any branding or logos on the tubes, and I'd also like a brown filter tip. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance! Cheers, Cotton
Old 04-05-2019, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

If I remember correctly, Shargio full-flavor tubes have no branding on them, and a cork-colored filter. But that was several years ago, so it might have changed. Furthermore, I can't really recommend Shargio tubes. Last time I bought them, which again was several years ago, there were some inconsistencies in quality.

Why not just call the vendor you intend to buy from and ask your question? If you can find out which brands meet your specifications, you can always come back here, list the brands, and ask whether anyone has ever used them.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 04-05-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:55 PM

LuvFemSmkr is on a distinguished road

I use Shargio full flavor red 100 tubes. I have a box of them sitting right here. They have two looks like red bands and it says Shargio around the filter.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by LuvFemSmkr View Post
I use Shargio full flavor red 100 tubes. I have a box of them sitting right here. They have two looks like red bands and it says Shargio around the filter.
Thanks for the update. They have changed. Last time I had them, the bands were gold and there was no print.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:17 PM

Boogeyman is an unknown quantity at this point

You may want to take a look at the Hot Rod tubes they don't seem to get a lot of love around here but I believe they fit your criteria and they are priced right.
FF 100's no brand name on them and two gold stripes by the filter also has a cork filter.
They can be had for less money than the link below, it is for the picture of the tubes only.

https://www.amazon.com/d/Cigarette-Papers-Tubes/Hot-Rod-Regular-Cigarette-Tubes/B079WDK7Y2

Last edited by Boogeyman; 04-08-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:17 PM

CottonTexas is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the replies! I had thought about contacting a vendor, but they carry different brands, and I sure to hate to ask for customer service only to later balk at buying from them, so I'm glad y'all are here to help me out. From what I've been able to gather, I should inquire more about Classic, Smoker's Outlet, and Hot Rods. If I can find out for sure whether or not Classics are unbranded, then I'll be able to ask S.O.O. about the others. Is anybody smoking Classic FF 100's that can let me know for sure? Much appreciated, and cheers, Cotton