Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Which Machine????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2019, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
3 machines at the same time? What do you do, take your boots off?
I had to read that post again after I read your comment. I read it as using a pm3 to make a carton in 20 minutes and thought “no fucking way”

Still. That impressive but I have to wonder why
Old 01-02-2019, 11:48 AM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
I had to read that post again after I read your comment. I read it as using a pm3 to make a carton in 20 minutes and thought “no fucking way”

Still. That impressive but I have to wonder why
He must smoke a lot. I’m content with my 2 minute per pack from my FC machine. But even then I don’t average a carton every 20 minutes. Coffee refills and peeing take up much of my time.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

When I was using the Fresh Choice machine I never managed a pack in 2 minutes. It was more like 5-6 minutes. However, that included taking the time to tamp down the open end of each and every cigarette with the blunt end of a chopstick in addition to tapping the filter end a couple times on a hard surface (i.e. the top of the machine). Since my FC machine became inoperable, it takes me roughly 12 minutes to make a pack with a Powermatic Mini. If working at top speed I might be able to shave that down to 10 minutes. I'm too much of a perfectionist!

Incidentally, I've found the Powermatic Mini is less prone is making cigarettes with soft voids above the filter than other machines, including the Fresh Choice.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 01-02-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:26 PM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

The only thing I’m a perfectionist about is my hair but I seem to have misplaced that years ago. All parts of the Fresh Choice machine are user serviceable or replaceable. Give them a call, they’ll talk you through it.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
All parts of the Fresh Choice machine are user serviceable or replaceable. Give them a call, they’ll talk you through it.
Yes, I know that. The company's customer service, at least in my experience, is very good. In fact, it's probably a minor problem, because it was refurbished just a few years before it became inoperable, so most of the parts are fairly new. I had decided at the time to use the Powermatic Mini just until I got around to sending it in (I am definitely not the "handyman" type), but then after a while was satisfied with using the Powermatic Mini, so I decided I wasn't going to put more money into the Fresh Choice machine. With the Powermatic Mini fewer parts means less that can go wrong with it, and replacing one is a small expense. In fact, the Powermatic Mini has proven the most durable of all machines that I've ever had. Since I was only twice as fast using the Fresh Choice, it hardly seems worth it to me to repair it.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 01-02-2019 at 05:16 PM.