Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vape steals another one...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2018, 07:11 AM

Nick Shades is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vape steals another one...

It has been year since I begamy journey down the RYO railroad. I loved it. Kg and 3 Sails, like most, became my favorite. It is a pain in the ass to get the kg, but I did what everyone else did and ordered it in large supply. I got a tube injector (hello pm mini) and did tubes from zig zag, zen and gambler (zen are the best, but zz is a close second), and after frustration with my favorite tobaccos consistantly harder to get online, I started getting what my tobacconist kept in stock.

I kept all the boxes of cartons I went through. 2500 cigs in one year.

That is about 10 a day. Fewer than my worst of times,but the level of nicotine in what I rolled made even the hardest of smokers which I offered to fall over - seriously.

So, after wielding a 21 mg patch on one arm and a rolly in the other, a friend smoking with me was approached by another and they started talking about nicotine salts.

This conversation changed everything.

I am going to say that first and foremost, I loathe vaping. Especially cloud chasers. I tried everything that existed, and they all did not hit the fix right. I would just puff away on my "mod" until the cotton burned, the fluid ran low, or I had to switch batteries. It was a stupid pain in the ass, and I sank at least 400 dollars into it.

Naturally,i went back to smoking.

For those of us who chase nicotine fixes for a real genuine fix, I just want to say that this past weekend, I spent $50 and rolled the dice, and won big.

I bought one of these new sub ohm vaping devices which vape nicotine SALT, and FINALLY, someone figured it out. 50mg juice is what I got, and with a SINGLE PUFF, it feels (throat hit) just like a real cigarette, and gets me DONE in ONE.15 minute, 2 or 3 cig smoke break no more.

My last cigarette was Friday morning, and since then, the nicotine salt is all I need.

I chose the aspire breeze 2, with the mangosteen juice that element vape includes with it. This was so much easier to configure than every single other thing I bought that was a vaping device. It was definitely confusing, at first, but after a day with it, I was golden.

I was so excited to be done with smoking, I put my smoking jacket in the washing machin for the first time in years. It took 3 washes for the smoke to vanish. And I realized that I left the vape device in my pocket after the first wash. - whoops. Thankfully, I was able to unscrew all the t6 screws, let it dry out, and it worked again.

This forum was an excellent resource for me, and maybe on my deathbed I will order some more kg and 3 Sails and blend them for my last smoke. But until then, as a thank you to everyone here who guided me on rollie, this is my thank you. Whether you want to give up on smoking or not. Whether you hated vape or not.

The nicotine salt in these sub ohm devices is amazing. And while I hate the desertish non-tobacco flavors, that mangosteen is amazing.

Last edited by Nick Shades; 10-17-2018 at 07:13 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:23 PM

rebar is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant count how many years Ive been vaping, or how many analogs Ive avoided. Don't get me wrong, I still love smoking and steal them from my GF and her family.. But for me its enough to pacify for weeks, months. GF calls it my binky

Can you elaborate on the "kg and 3 Sails"..
Old 10-25-2018, 09:41 PM

scott62 is a splendid one to beholdscott62 is a splendid one to beholdscott62 is a splendid one to beholdscott62 is a splendid one to beholdscott62 is a splendid one to beholdscott62 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rebar View Post
I cant count how many years Ive been vaping, or how many analogs Ive avoided. Don't get me wrong, I still love smoking and steal them from my GF and her family.. But for me its enough to pacify for weeks, months. GF calls it my binky

Can you elaborate on the "kg and 3 Sails"..
Both are great tobaccos.
kg= Gawith & Hoggarth - Kendal Gold
3 Sails = Daughters and Ryan - Three Sails