Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How much are you saving???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2018, 07:04 AM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
Thereís a member her that can hand crank a pack that tfast.

Thereís no way I can go that fast with a crank or auto machine.

Fresh choice/revolution/whatever claims a 3 minute pack but thatís impossible with it. At least for me.
I can manage that rate once in a while. The trick for me it to get my shaky hand synchronized so that I hit the nozzle just at the right moment. I find a shot of Scotch helps. I hit my peak at about 2 1/2 shots. Then I stop caring.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:54 PM

Shandemo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
Thereís a member her that can hand crank a pack that fast.

Thereís no way I can go that fast with a crank or auto machine.

Fresh choice/revolution/whatever claims a 3 minute pack but thatís impossible with it. At least for me.

I'm trying to process in my head how they are able to do it so fast. It takes me MUCH longer then that to make a pack unfortunately
Old 10-15-2018, 08:04 PM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Shandemo View Post
I'm trying to process in my head how they are able to do it so fast. It takes me MUCH longer then that to make a pack unfortunately
This comment is not intended to be a slam against anyone or their intelligence but some people are able to separate their active mind from the repetitive routine thus allowing them to perform functions rapidly and accurately without thinking about the task at hand. It takes more than just good hand eye coordination, itís a talent. I canít do it. Itís all I can do to remember that line of BS from an industrial psychology course I once took.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
I can manage that rate once in a while. The trick for me it to get my shaky hand synchronized so that I hit the nozzle just at the right moment. I find a shot of Scotch helps. I hit my peak at about 2 1/2 shots. Then I stop caring.

Iím sure itís possible. Just not for me.

If I went 100mph and didnít care if tobacco was flying everywhere....and didnít care what the smokes looked like. Yeah I could do it. But thatís not gonna happen.

My led light strip went out in my hopper, which sucks. Iím gonna have to make another soon. Itís not a huge deal now that I donít have to make 4-5 packs a day
Old 10-17-2018, 05:18 PM

I could very well crank out much more, if I didn't take the time to snip off the end of excess tobacco from my tubes... But I just cannot do that. I suppose my touch of OCD kicks in and I like making pretty looking smokes!!
Old 10-17-2018, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Shandemo View Post
I could very well crank out much more, if I didn't take the time to snip off the end of excess tobacco from my tubes... But I just cannot do that. I suppose my touch of OCD kicks in and I like making pretty looking smokes!!
Thatís interesting. Personally Iíve never seen the need to trim the ends but I think we all have our little rituals for stuffing. Mine is that the empty tubes must be lined up in neat order ready to go. Ritual seems to make it more fun!
Old 10-17-2018, 08:47 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

That’s interesting. Personally I’ve never seen the need to trim the ends but I think we all have our little rituals for stuffing. Mine is that the empty tubes must be lined up in neat order ready to go. Ritual seems to make it more fun!
That ritual takes more time. I used to hate my job so I tried to excel to vent my anger and after a while it became so easy that it was fun. The Chinese guy from New Guinea amazed me with his lightning quick hands so I tried to be like him. I never could beat him but I was second fastest. We actually did the work of 5 people working together. It was cool being chosen for special tasks. You have to like what you do to get that fast.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 10-17-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:06 PM

Thatís interesting. Personally Iíve never seen the need to trim the ends but I think we all have our little rituals for stuffing. Mine is that the empty tubes must be lined up in neat order ready to go. Ritual seems to make it more fun!

I guess where my machine makes 100s and I smoke regulars it always leaves tobacco hanging out if the end, and I just can't handle it.... I have to trim it down to the end of the tube.

I'm not as bad with my tubes as you are, but I take out a big handful at a time and lay them on the lid to my plastic container I put my cigs in... Now I do find myself lining up each one as I place them in the container
Old 10-18-2018, 02:10 AM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

I trim the ends of hand rolled cigs. I hate tobacco on my lips.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

I donít have to trim many. But I do inspect every one as I go. Then place them into the container facing the same direction.

I donít fill the hopper all the way either. Iíve never had any luck doing that for whatever reason. It would almost always need to be pushed down with a poker if it was full.

I only need to make 25 or so a day now. Time really isnít a concern