Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Blending.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2017, 09:05 AM

Menteerio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blending.

Hello. I just got my order in. When y’all Blend, do you just put the correct amount of each in a container and shake it all around V. Got some ideas to try.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

I don’t know how the other guys do it, but I spread it out the first tobacco on a cookie sheet then sprinkle the next on top. Repeat repeat Then mix it up. Works for me
Old 10-04-2017, 09:29 AM

Menteerio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. Iíll give that a shot. Just rolled a couple full ohm Turkish. Iím super happy with the taste!
Old 10-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Banned

burge is infamous around these partsburge is infamous around these partsburge is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Menteerio View Post
Hello. I just got my order in. When yíall Blend, do you just put the correct amount of each in a container and shake it all around V. Got some ideas to try.
I do what Phil does on occasion. When shredding I kneed the tobacco in the container.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

I put the tobacco in a container and sift through it with my fingers, picking out stems as I find them. Then I close the lid and shake.

Something I omitted to mention earlier: Depending on the cut of the tobacco, I will cut it with scissors some as a preparatory step. Some brands, like Talon Regular, I don't bother to cut, but others, like D&R Three Sails and Windsail, IMO benefit from cutting with scissors.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 10-04-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

A 5 gallon bucket and a drill with a paint mixing auger attached would be fun. Maybe I’ve found a use for that leaf that is sitting around?

Btw. I’m glad you found something you like. Ohm tobacco isn’t bad at all, besides the natural version.

Last edited by ohiophil; 10-04-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:30 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

I sift it thru a screen first if needed. Then mix it and put it in a small pile and take the stems out. Then grab some with the fingertips of both hands and make a motion like i am pulling apart the strands but gently; not actually tearing it, as it falls back iinto the pile. Repeat this a few times then use a card or rolling paper flap to scoup it up from different angles and shake it as it falls again. Then fluff it up. I usually only mix a small amount. Enough to fit in one hand at the most. Its a habit. Its detailed I know but it is mixed well.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:35 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

OHM tobacco has flattened out cross-cut pieces of stem that annoy me. It is another habit I have to try to remove as many as possible. The stems are cut and steamed then rolled out flat. I dont see why they are included if they have to go thru that process. Also you may find lumps of topping in it. You dont want to smoke that. Otherwise it is good tobacco.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 10-04-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

I usually put whatever components I am blending into an empty plastic pretzel container with a screw on lid. Then I lay it on its side and roll it back and forth across the living room floor. The grandson enjoys this immensely, and I usually end up with a very well mixed blend.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DancesWithWerewolves View Post
OHM tobacco has flattened out cross-cut pieces of stem that annoy me. It is another habit I have to try to remove as many as possible. The stems are cut and steamed then rolled out flat. I dont see why they are included if they have to go thru that process. Also you may find lumps of topping in it. You dont want to smoke that. Otherwise it is good tobacco.
I wondered what they did to get them like that. Hmm. Pointless except for weight, but is the extra work worth it? Must be. Idk

I remove everything that even looks like it may be a stem or anything thatís just ugly from every tobacco before I stuff or blend. I donít care, Iím not smoking tree limbs