Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Home flue cured

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2017, 06:12 AM

BobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really nice

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
IMO you either have to be crazy or some kinda badass to smoke picayune
Well if you shredd up some of Dan's leamon and mix it withe the expanded monkey poop it's like a picayune blend of old.. it a OMG smoke in a players tube
Old 09-27-2017, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Originally Posted by BobbyE View Post
Well if you shredd up some of Dan's leamon and mix it withe the expanded monkey poop it's like a picayune blend of old.. it a OMG smoke in a players tube

Sounds “omg yummy”.

I wonder if dan knows what kind of gold mine he is sitting on with that lemon
Old 09-27-2017, 06:47 AM
Banned

burge is infamous around these partsburge is infamous around these partsburge is infamous around these parts

Well seriously that lemon is so good. If I won the lottery I would not change my smokes money being no object.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

@ $16 per pound? Damn. That essentially $20 per pound after stem loss. Then add $8 per pound for Canada shipping and then $20? Canada tax.

That would be roughly $30usa per pound or something like $37cad. I just got 2 pounds of 3 sails for less than what you pay per pound. Yeah, you’re saving money but damn. I don’t see many Americans converting to the cult after the price increase
Old 09-27-2017, 07:23 AM
Banned

burge is infamous around these partsburge is infamous around these partsburge is infamous around these parts

Last order went straight through from big was 140 US all in and he threw in a extra pound. Canadian was 180 for 8lbs or 175 our dollar spiked so roughly 22 cdn a pound. Dons Is at regular price 134 US for 7 lbs. That was 170 as the dollar was at 75 cents then but I knew prices were going up. With the duty on that one was 27 dollars cdn a pound exchange and shipping duty in. You also need to remember shipping in the US is a hell of a lot cheaper than Canada.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:47 AM

Harrythesmoker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris from WV View Post
I am thinking about trying to simulate flue cured tobacco with my smoker. I'm thinking of using some very bland Virginia that I can get very cheap. Am I completely out of my mind for trying this or will it actually work? Does anyone have any suggestions as to the type of wood I should use? I'm thinking a "cook" time of no more than 45 minutes at around 225F and of course I plan on rehydration after. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
good job and good luck on making your own tobacco my friend!
Old 01-04-2019, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
ENE of Columbus. A few miles south of canton

When the weather cools off, I'll see what the deal is. I'm itching to try that pie
Phil,
I was just re-reading this old thread -- some hilarious posts in here! But I was wondering, did you ever try the Shoo-fly pie?
Old 01-04-2019, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
Phil,
I was just re-reading this old thread -- some hilarious posts in here! But I was wondering, did you ever try the Shoo-fly pie?
Brings back memories huh? I’m so glad he’s gone

Nope. I have not tried it yet. But I will
Old 01-08-2019, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

I just finished reading the entire thread. My prediction of becoming tired of both Ryback and Picayune hasn’t come true yet. I am still using both in my everyday blend. I am becoming more like Dan with my blends lately using many components and exacting measurements. My problem is that I write them down and immediately misplace them.