Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turkish tobacco.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2017, 01:21 AM

Menteerio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turkish tobacco.

Was planning on buying some d&r venguer, and saw the ohm Turkish red and yellow. Anyone have experience with either of those? Might buy all three and try some mix and match.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Ohm isn't bad. Just do not buy the "natural"
Old 09-18-2017, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Menteerio View Post
Was planning on buying some d&r venguer, and saw the ohm Turkish red and yellow. Anyone have experience with either of those? Might buy all three and try some mix and match.
If you like the flavor of black licorice (anise) then ohm red and yellow are for you. I found it a bit overpowering. The Cherokee Turkish isn't bad and has a somewhat neutral flavor.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Chris from WV View Post
If you like the flavor of black licorice (anise) then ohm red and yellow are for you. I found it a bit overpowering. The Cherokee Turkish isn't bad and has a somewhat neutral flavor.
Yikes,...I was just assuming I might like it because camels were my normal.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

Yikes,...I was just assuming I might like it because camels were my normal.
I went on the "make a camel" trip for about 3 months. I kind of sorta got "close" I guess. The lower priced Turkish blends ($15-17 per lb) aren't bad but won't make an exact Camel. That being said I did get a very smooth flavorful smoke using them. I haven't given up on producing a Camel clone I just found blends that I liked smoking and put it on the back burner.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:42 AM

I'm not so much as trying to make a camel as I am just using it as a flavor platform to jump off of.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Rumor has it that camels are 100% robs lemon

Also. And this is funny as hell. The Masta Blenda is using another name on a different forum. 1 person out of all the people on earth and I still know it is him. Lmao
Old 09-18-2017, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not so much as trying to make a camel as I am just using it as a flavor platform to jump off of.
You are in the exploration phase of ryo, it can be a fun time! I did a blend of ohm Turkish yellow and talon regular that wasn't bad except for the lingering anise taste. I substituted Cherokee Turkish for the ohm and it was much better. If you are looking for something more full flavored and strong try some of D&R Ryback it's flue cured and has a strong smoke smell and flavor, the Ryback Gold has sweet Virginia blended in add a little Cherokee Turkish and it makes a fine smoke. Please note my tastes may not match yours so take my advice with a grain of salt.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
Rumor has it that camels are 100% robs lemon

Also. And this is funny as hell. The Masta Blenda is using another name on a different forum. 1 person out of all the people on earth and I still know it is him. Lmao
Well he is one of a kind.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Chris from WV View Post
Well he is one of a kind.

No doubt

His user name is hilarious too. Not the name itself, but the way he used it.