Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » Honest response to ohiophils amazingness.

Honest response to ohiophils amazingness.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2017, 08:32 AM

Menteerio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Honest response to ohiophils amazingness.

Hey bud. Tried your tobacco in a red zen tube. Taste? Amazing. Compared to the Kentucky it was a hands down different and better experience. But that's the end of the good part. . It is so smooth it is almost too smooth. I get a big hit, smoke and everything, but it's like I didn't even take a hit at all. I tried packing it thin, thick, normal...nothing. Now remember, I know nothing but Kentucky And this now. So maybe this is what smooth tobacco is like. But it is for sure not for me. I need to know how an smoking a cigarette. I want the flavor of the one you sent, With the hit of the Kentucky. I might be asking too much. But to be brutally honest I'd prefer the gross taste and good hot to the great taste and no hit. Preference may vary, these are my own opinions. Either way. Thanks again!!
Old 09-13-2017, 02:10 PM

BobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really nice

Witch tobacco did he send ya?
Old 09-13-2017, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

I sent venguer silver. Perhaps venguer would be better for you. Idk though. Never tried it

I would imagine it has basically the same flavor profile.

Or maybe add some 3 sails to vs ? I've been playing with this a little here and there. It wasn't too long ago I mentioned that vs could use a little something

Edit: P&C usually has small tubs of 3 sails. I smoke a couple cigarettes of this first thing in the morning to jump start my lungs. Its pretty damn strong. So strong that I could not smoke it all day even if I was dared to. Hold onto your hat

Last edited by ohiophil; 09-13-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

Ok what did you learn? Take that little bit of knowledge you gained and apply it to your next tobacco purchase. You will eventually figure out what works for you. On the way you will try some good stuff and some bad. Enjoy the ride!
(insert a quote from BobbyE here)
Old 09-13-2017, 08:08 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Chris from WV View Post
Ok what did you learn? Take that little bit of knowledge you gained and apply it to your next tobacco purchase. You will eventually figure out what works for you. On the way you will try some good stuff and some bad. Enjoy the ride!
(insert a quote from BobbyE here)
I think it must be the Windsail Silvetr in it that he feels is too light and thin smoke.. Windsail Platinum is very subtle. The regular Windsail is not like that. One of my objections to moat (other) RYO tobacco is the quality of the burley in it..it is often rough and the toppings often just cover the roughness up. It's still there. That may be what he finds objectionable about rhe Kentucky Best or whatever it was. This is probablyburge-like grammer but I cant see the tiny text and I am lazy today. No more edita.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 09-13-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Dan. I didn't send windsail.

Edit: windsail silver is flavorless. I made the mistake a long time ago by buying some to smoke straight

Last edited by ohiophil; 09-13-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:44 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
Dan. I didn't send windsail.
Yea but I assumed the Virginia xontent in Venguer Silver would be roughly the same as Windsail Silver whereas the Virginia content of Vengeur Platinum would be similar to Windsail Platinum. Same thing for the Regular Vengeur... Windsail Regular. I am sometimes wrong in my assumptions however. My bad.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

They don't taste similar at all from my experience. I see what you mean though.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
They don't taste similar at all from my experience. I see what you mean though.
That shows how I think. I tend to deconstruct everything. Reverse engineering kinda, lol. I noticed the Windsail Platinum in Vengeur Platinum for sure. The amount in the mix is uncertain however.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 09-13-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:03 PM

Menteerio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for everyone's input! I learn that there is definitely a flavor I like, and I was thinking of buying the venguer. I am super happy that I didn't buy the blue zen tubes, because I am actually starting to like the reds. I was thinking about buying a bunch of different types of tobacco and trying to make my own "blend".

Side note, I've noticed that if I smoke s cigarette immediately after making it, it is a hard draw. But if I smoke one that is a couple days old it is easier and a larger hit. My newbie senses tell me that this is because the cigarette is drying out. Is this correct? If so, should I let my bulk tobacco dry a bit more? Is it starting too moist?

Thanks