Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Just got done reading...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2017, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
One thing I don't miss but had to try: Spam at McDonald's. Freakin yuk

I don't miss getting my car stolen either. Lol. Did you know that Hawaii is the #9 state for stolen cars? ( well at least around the year 2000). They load them up on cargo boats and cya!
I'd sooner try Durian than Spam.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
I'd sooner try Durian than Spam.
That's a close call for me. While spam doesn't smell appetizing, it tastes like shit and has a bad texture.

Durian smells like some spam that has rotted for a decade under a dead animal
Old 09-07-2017, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Apparently the flavors and textures of Durian vary widely, as there are different kinds. I found this description online:

With literally hundreds of durians to choose from and flavors ranging from peanut butter pound cake to chocolate liquor to caramelized onion omelets to vanilla frosting, there’s sure to be one that makes you close your eyes and go “Mmmmmm.”

The variety is immense, and if you want to experience the full range flavors you’ll need to do a little internet research. In general two categories to choose between are durians that are either “wet” or “dry” in texture, or ones with a predominantly “sweet” or “bitter” flavor. If you think avocados are slimy and gross, stick with “dry” durians. Just ask the durian seller for help, but be aware that not all durian sellers have your best interest in mind.

From what I read, it is important to get a "good" one; i.e., one that is properly ripened. Overripe Durian "tastes like B.O. and vinegar." Underripe Durian "tastes like metallic scrambled eggs."
Old 09-07-2017, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
Apparently the flavors and textures of Durian vary widely, as there are different kinds. I found this description online:

With literally hundreds of durians to choose from and flavors ranging from peanut butter pound cake to chocolate liquor to caramelized onion omelets to vanilla frosting, there’s sure to be one that makes you close your eyes and go “Mmmmmm.”

The variety is immense, and if you want to experience the full range flavors you’ll need to do a little internet research. In general two categories to choose between are durians that are either “wet” or “dry” in texture, or ones with a predominantly “sweet” or “bitter” flavor. If you think avocados are slimy and gross, stick with “dry” durians. Just ask the durian seller for help, but be aware that not all durian sellers have your best interest in mind.

From what I read, it is important to get a "good" one; i.e., one that is properly ripened. Overripe Durian "tastes like B.O. and vinegar." Underripe Durian "tastes like metallic scrambled eggs."
I'll never know what it tastes like or what various textures it has. I can't get past the smell. Vomit inducing stench.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:26 AM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

I'll never know what it tastes like or what various textures it has. I can't get past the smell. Vomit inducing stench.
Even the guy on the Bizzare Foods show won't touch those things and he eats some pretty strange things. Peanut butter, onion, and rotten egg cake does not sound good to me.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DancesWithWerewolves View Post
Even the guy on the Bizzare Foods show won't touch those things and he eats some pretty strange things. Peanut butter, onion, and rotten egg cake does not sound good to me.
That guy will eat bugs and shit. He is insane.

There are signs in Hong Kong that say "no durian". It smells so bad some shops or other businesses won't let you bring one in. It IS that bad. It's supposed to be a delicacy though.

I'm not afraid to try crazy food. I've eaten 1000 year egg before. Well, not the whole thing but still tried it. It's bad

Ate some kind of soup off a food cart in Korea. Lol. Not bad. I have no idea what was in it

Durian is where I draw the line. And bugs too, except for the time I had chocolate covered ants.

And chitlins. I'm not eating that shit either, or any other innards
Old 09-09-2017, 06:12 PM

RyanFranko is an unknown quantity at this point

where is canadia?
Old 09-09-2017, 07:06 PM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

And chitlins. I'm not eating that shit either, or any other innards
If your chitlins taste shitty clean them out a bit more.