Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Aloha from Hawaii

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2017, 07:05 AM

Menteerio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aloha from Hawaii

Long story short, been smoking camel blues(light) for forever. Noticed that I was spending way to much money and started to look into ryo cigarettes. Won an eBay auction for a micromatic injector and 3 boxes of zen tubes. Went to tobacco shop local here and bought some Kentucky gold tobacco. It's terrible. How do I make a smother good tasting blend? Is it my tubes? The tobacco? Anyone know where I can get a sampler with out spending stupid amounts on shipping?? Thanks everyone!!
Old 09-03-2017, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Pipesandcigars.com offers 100s of tobaccos by the ounce. Shipping is reasonable (free over $99 most of the time )

Look at the daughters and Ryan Blends and pick a few that you think you might like. 1 oz should get you close to 1.5 packs.

Venguer silver is a lighter tobacco and what I smoke the most of. It's not camel-like though.

Windsail is bland, most use it as a blending tobacco

Three sails is super strong but you could tone it down with windsail silver

Also look at peter stokbye. (That's spelled wrong). The 701 is nice but it needs to dry for a while before stufffing. It's heavily topped with something. If it's on sale it's worth a try. It's overpriced if not on sale

Zen tubes are a great all around tube. You can't go wrong with them. I assume you got the blue box since you're smoking lights?
Old 09-03-2017, 07:36 AM

Default Thanks

I got 3 of the red box of zens as it was included in the auction. I feel blessed! The ohiophil responded to me. All my lurking has made me see all the post you have made and your fun with burge. I will try to check out those brands you mentioned, as well as ohm Turkish which was recommended to me. I also am curious how to store the tobacco and what relative humidity it should remain at. Thanks again for your response. Living I Hawaii has been terrible for shipping, but as I'm in the military I feel I should be happy to get to be paid to be here.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

I spent 5 years there while in the navy.

Why not ship it to your apo address? Cheaper that way

Ohm is decent tobacco. The blue bag is pretty good. Stay far away from the natural. Yuk

Depending on how long it takes you to smoke a pound (about 2-2.5cartons or so) you can just squeeze the air out and reseal. Mason jars work well too. Or anything Tupperware-like.

I store unopened bags in a closet. They'll keep for a long time. If stuff happens to dry out, you can bring it back to life most of the time

Last edited by ohiophil; 09-03-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:43 AM

Default Yup

Currently in the navy. Going on year 14 here. What was your rate? ET here. Anywho, good to know ohm is good. Looking forward to trying it out...gotta get through this bag of Kentucky first,...ugh.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

Was an FC on the Port Royal. Spent countless hours bored to death supervising computer central.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:55 AM

The port royal was my first ship. Countless hours fixing the gear was my life.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Menteerio View Post
The port royal was my first ship. Countless hours fixing the gear was my life.
What years were you on it?
Old 09-03-2017, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Shit. I guess I could do the math. I'm guessing you were there starting 2005? Or the end of 2004?

I got out in early 2002. Almost 7 years. I extended for a bit after 9/11. Hindsight being 20/20, I would have retired 2 years ago.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:10 AM

Array