Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Menthol Smokers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 02:34 PM

wipeout97 is on a distinguished road
Default Menthol Smokers

If you smoke menthol I would highly urge you to try this blend.

Take 75% menthol full flavor "The Good Stuff" (pipe cut works too)
Take 25% menthol light flavor "The Good Stuff" (Pipe cut works too)
Zen Menthol Tube or 100's for a smoother taste

Stuff, light, and enjoy
Old 12-20-2009, 10:10 AM

wipeout97 is on a distinguished road

This is a RYO Forum....please keep comments to roll your own and not personal opinions. If you want to smoke chemicals than by all means do so. If you want to smoke but live healthier than the option is there.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:57 PM

twin30 is on a distinguished road

im currently trying the good stuff reg menthol and ramback tubes,----seem's very harsh or a heavy chest feel or like im smoking cigars and inhaling ?????
Old 01-06-2011, 04:03 PM

yea but im using the good stuf now, [menthol gold] which i think is light, so i dont see how adding reg goodstuff menthol to it will make it less harsh ?? - Cant be just tubes ???? and i think adding menthol tubes to the mix would be too much for me

Last edited by twin30; 01-06-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:25 PM

me and the wife come to conclusion that most ?? of this dual purpose tobaco is to sweet.--The reg light ive been filling for her she say's smells like robitussin cough syrup-- And the menthol ive used is too strong.--Im currently using the good stuff menthol lite, and that is way to much .And my chest is killing me since using it. ? --I was a newport smoker so i guess i gotta find a very weaker menthol combo, and try to look for dual pupose tobacco that is less ?? sweet.--Is it the burly that is giving it the sweetness, as im still learning

Last edited by twin30; 01-07-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:10 PM

So, i was told to try mix of the good stuff for menthol cigs.-I tried the light version and is to minty for me, which if im correct most menthol [dual purpose] are very minty. ? -I just tried some midnite speacial menthol and that seems to be more in line of my menthol taste. [was newport smoker] --But as the norm goes it seems a little harsh,-- So anyone, have suggestions on a brand or mix to try that isnt to minty that i might like ???
Old 01-14-2011, 05:32 PM

brian1966 is on a distinguished road

It took me a longtime to get the right combination of menthol tobacco with the right tube. Sounds like you and i have the same taste. You dont want it too be minty or way too strong. I hear ya. Try this get the rave menthol and put it the gambler gold (not menthol) tube and i guarantee you will love it. Most people find the right tobacco but get the tubes very wrong such as menthol tobacco with a menthol tube yuuck. Regards.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:32 PM

Default Reply

It took me a longtime to get the right combination of menthol tobacco with the right tube. Sounds like you and i have the same taste. You dont want it too be minty or way too strong. I hear ya. Try this get the rave menthol and put it the gambler gold (not menthol) tube and i guarantee you will love it. Most people find the right tobacco but get the tubes very wrong such as menthol tobacco with a menthol tube yuuck. Regards.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:35 PM

Sorry about the double post. Anyway what i wanted to add is if your a cigarette smoker and you switch to pipe tobacco and not cigarette tobacco your going to get very discouraged. Use cigarette tobacco. Pipe tobacco is terrible.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:16 PM

Tekes is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by twin30 View Post
me and the wife come to conclusion that most ?? of this dual purpose tobaco is to sweet.--The reg light ive been filling for her she say's smells like robitussin cough syrup-- And the menthol ive used is too strong.--Im currently using the good stuff menthol lite, and that is way to much .And my chest is killing me since using it. ? --I was a newport smoker so i guess i gotta find a very weaker menthol combo, and try to look for dual pupose tobacco that is less ?? sweet.--Is it the burly that is giving it the sweetness, as im still learning
Burley is the tobacco that adds spice (as well as a little scratch to the throat). Virginia is the sweet tobacco. If its too sweet though, it might be the added sweeteners and aromas they usually put in pipe tobacco.

Look for a blend with some orientals in it. This tobacco is very smooth and it balances out the virginia making a good smoke.

Originally Posted by brian1966 View Post
Sorry about the double post. Anyway what i wanted to add is if your a cigarette smoker and you switch to pipe tobacco and not cigarette tobacco your going to get very discouraged. Use cigarette tobacco. Pipe tobacco is terrible.
Pipe tobacco is terrible when its not smoked in a pipe

I agree, cigarette tobacco. And may I add only leaf tobacco.