Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » I'm freaking out thinking I am not getting

I'm freaking out thinking I am not getting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2017, 03:14 PM

Misssy2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm freaking out thinking I am not getting

enough nicotine from the Good Stuff (Gold) or any good stuff product and wonder about pipe tobacco in general.

I had bought Good Stuff Red and noticed after 2 days I had tremendous heartburn and was just sick. I attributed it to the Red being too strong.

I bought the Gold last night and I never read anything (jump right in). My b/f says it says "Pipe Tobacco" on the bag.

I have been googling if I am getting the same amount of nicotine and think maybe not because I want to smoke MORE than I usually do which is BAD.

Anyone have a straight answer on nicotine comparison to commercial brands?
Old 01-09-2017, 03:30 PM

larryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of light

how long have you been RYOing?
Old 01-09-2017, 03:34 PM

Default How long have I been smoking RYO?

Originally Posted by larryccf View Post
how long have you been RYOing?
3 days. I was liking that I had control over rolling them and not having to spend 10 bucks 3x a day to buy commercial.

I am a heavy smoker and now I am smoking my vape a couple puffs when I light a RYO....
Old 01-09-2017, 03:44 PM

larryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of lightlarryccf is a glorious beacon of light

that's the reason i asked

when i first started RYOing, i noticed my consumption went up - from 2.5/3 packs a day to 3.5+ packs a day

then after a couple of weeks it started to decrease, all without me trying, till after about 6 months i was down to 18 sticks a day.

I finally figured out why my consumption had gone up, when i saw a video of 3 retired FDA scientists on 60 Minutes discussing the different chemicals in factory smokes, including ammonia and something else that is to nicotine whatever is the "crack" that makes cocaine into crack cocaine. The ammonia treated tobacco gives a nicotene hit that is 33X stronger - so my consumption went up because my body was looking for that "fix" or "hit" it was used to getting from factory smokes. Pipe tobacco is not treated with those chemicals

give it some time, your system will adjust to the normal nicotine hit, and then you'll notice you actually enjoy smoking a cig more, and smoke fewer cigs

Reason my consumption went down, after my body adjusted to the non-adulterated nicotene, i wasn't smoking out of habit, ie lighting one after the other - instead i was only smoking when i had a chance to stop whatever i was doing and enjoy the cigarette.

and fyi, Phillip Morris pioneered the tobacco treatment process down in Brazil as it was illegal research here in the US - but it was done purely to make cigarettes more addictive

hope that helps

Last edited by larryccf; 01-09-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:06 PM

that's the reason i asked

when i first started RYOing, i noticed my consumption went up - from 2.5/3 packs a day to 3.5+ packs a day

then after a couple of weeks it started to decrease, all without me trying, till after about 6 months i was down to 18 sticks a day.

I finally figured out why my consumption had gone up, when i saw a video of 3 retired FDA scientists on 60 Minutes discussing the different chemicals in factory smokes, including ammonia and something else that is to nicotine whatever is the "crack" that makes cocaine into crack cocaine. The ammonia treated tobacco gives a nicotene hit that is 33X stronger - so my consumption went up because my body was looking for that "fix" or "hit" it was used to getting from factory smokes. Pipe tobacco is not treated with those chemicals

give it some time, your system will adjust to the normal nicotine hit, and then you'll notice you actually enjoy smoking a cig more, and smoke fewer cigs

Reason my consumption went down, after my body adjusted to the non-adulterated nicotene, i wasn't smoking out of habit, ie lighting one after the other - instead i was only smoking when i had a chance to stop whatever i was doing and enjoy the cigarette.

and fyi, Phillip Morris pioneered the tobacco treatment process down in Brazil as it was illegal research here in the US - but it was done purely to make cigarettes more addictive

hope that helps
Thank you for the reply, it helps alot because I am depressed that this "weed" is making me kind of sick to my stomach. I KNOW that the Good Stuff Red was too strong and figured it out after I was really sick and recognized that the cigs tasted much stronger.

So last night I go buy the Gold. I hate wasting money..so I will continue to try them.

What do you think about me buying a pack of my commercial brand and splitting it in 2 days? I'm a 2.5 pack a day cig and possibly getting sick on the pipe tobacco cause its all I'm smoking and I'm smoking alot.

Thank you again...SO much.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:15 PM

you can take and blend those two bags of good stuff to dilute the strength of the red down to where you like it or vice versa, to increase the nicotine hit of the Gold

i wouldn't go back to factory smokes - it'll make it harder to transit to RYO tobacco - that "crack cocaine" affect is real and does make factory smokes much more addictive

fwiw
Old 01-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

The "something else" you may have been thinking of is acetaldehyde. It is present in all tobacco smoke.

From Wikipedia:
Acetaldehyde is a significant constituent of tobacco smoke. It has been demonstrated to have a synergistic effect with nicotine in rodent studies of addiction. Acetaldehyde is also the most abundant carcinogen in tobacco smoke; it is dissolved into the saliva while smoking. Acetaldehyde can also be found in e-cigarette vapor, though this is reported to be trace amounts. Acetaldehyde has been found in cannabis smoke. This finding emerged through the use of new chemical techniques that demonstrated the acetaldehyde present was causing DNA damage in laboratory settings.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:11 PM

you can take and blend those two bags of good stuff to dilute the strength of the red down to where you like it or vice versa, to increase the nicotine hit of the Gold

i wouldn't go back to factory smokes - it'll make it harder to transit to RYO tobacco - that "crack cocaine" affect is real and does make factory smokes much more addictive

fwiw
We have a nephew that will buy both these bags for 10 bucks. And I need to find something else. I have been sick all the days I have been smoking the pipe tobacco and i hope that my area sells cig tobacco.