Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » Cigarette Injectors - What works best?

Cigarette Injectors - What works best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Entry Member

rory614 is on a distinguished road
Default Review of the 4 best

The Fresh Choice Machine is the best you can get - review and videos of the 4 best machines at - BestCigaretteRollingMachine.com
Old 03-24-2015, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by rory614 View Post
The Fresh Choice Machine is the best you can get - review and videos of the 4 best machines at - BestCigaretteRollingMachine.com
Given that the OP posted five-and-a-half years ago, I hardly think giving advice now serves any purpose at all. Why on earth would you revive a thread that is so old? It can't possibly be to help the OP!
Old 03-25-2015, 02:47 PM

RayP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Premier II

I prefer to use my premier II machines, I roll about a carton a day and no machine is designed for that abuse, but the premier is easy to get parts for and are easy to repair.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:05 PM

wbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nice

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
Given that the OP posted five-and-a-half years ago, I hardly think giving advice now serves any purpose at all. Why on earth would you revive a thread that is so old? It can't possibly be to help the OP!
Maybe someone will read an old thread that says I have an original FC machine available for sale! - lol

Seriously, it looks like he's just trolling for his website
Old 03-30-2015, 11:37 PM
Entry Member

monareppucci is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink top o matic

Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
My first purchase was a TOM (chrome) and it was great until an e-clip came off one of the pins/shafts.

Since it was under warranty I was ready to send it in for repair and then discovered the cost to mail it plus the $12.50 they charge for return freight was almost exactly 1/2 what I paid for it. So, buy a new one or repair the old one?

I am shopping for a tool that will reinstall the clip. It has to be at a 45 degree angle due to placement and those are pricey, otherwise I could get a 3-piece tool set for a shade under $30 delivered.

The TOM is a good machine and makes good sticks. I purchased a Premier (the better one) after the breakage of the TOM and was sorely disappointed in the sticks it made but it is a smooth operating machine. Pack it loose or pack it tight, it cranks smoothly. But that's the only good thing I can say about it. Then I purchased a Laramie and that makes a perfect stick for me (after some experimentation). With the Laramie, ragging the pipe tobacco is not necessary. Just pack the filter end only (to insure no gap) and you can fill the hopper with uncut (unragged) tobacco and use no pressure or very slight pressure using only the back side of your little finger (to insure an even fill) and it makes a good stick.

Another thing I like about the Laramie is that it has no rubber mat and it is self-cleaning. It has rubber molded at the 4 corners so it stays put where placed. I do suggest that before first use and once a month after that give it a very light spray of WD-40 or your choice of lube to the underside. Then it works as smooth as any machine out there. As to self-cleaning - no tobacco sticks to it anywhere unlike TOM and Premier where tobacco sticks in places. It is almost like teflon but there is none.
I bought a topomatic just 4 days ago but only after rolling 1/2 carton the swing arm is jamming, my question is, would it be ok to use wd-40 on this....I'm afraid it will moisten the tobacco...since I had just bought it and had the receipt the store I bought it from wouldn't exchange or return. They told me I had to go thru tops, which is ridiculous. I just want my machine to work...I was so excited to finally have this cigarette again. There is nothing that compares taste wise and dollar wise. If any one has any ideas on how I can troubleshoot the machine I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thx in advance
Old 04-02-2015, 10:48 AM

wbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nice

My first thought is, you're packing the tobacco to tightly. That's a sure way to jam the machine and a good way to break one. If the machine starts to jam, back the handle to open the feeder and clean out the packed tobacco, otherwise you can bend parts that will be difficult to repair.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:29 AM

MarkD51 will become famous soon enoughMarkD51 will become famous soon enough

I've worked on a few Supermatics over the years, and noted due to the design-construction, that the roller pin which throws the Cam is not that substantial in height-length.

Thus, when you start getting overly-aggressive with the machine and trying to force pack either too much baccy, or too wet-dry baccy, one can easily bend the stamped Cam, and thus the Cam will then not properly engage with the Roller Pin, and bypass the slot in the Cam. That, and on the Supermatic like some other similar design mahines, there are Pivot Pins that are nothing more than rivet style, and can get "sloppy" over time.

I've had very good luck with my TOM 2 for a good 5 years now with not one issue, but I'm sure since it is of very similar design to the Premier Super Machines the exact same issues can happen with lack of maintainence, or abuse.

With any Injector, one has to periodically maintain them by cleaning, and lubing for best performance. The Spoon is another part which should be inspected, and kept perfectly clean.

Either something like fishing reel lubes (oil and grease) or Gun Lube products work well.

The PS Baccy Blends have a nasty tendency to gum up the cutter and the baccy compartment. I usually would just clean these out with a moistened paper towel, some Q-Tips, and some water-apc, then dry, but there's been times where I've just taken the entire machine over to the kitchen sink, squirt the entire machine down, in and out with an apc, let sit for a few minutes, and then use a small detailing brush to remove gunk, then rinse down, with hot water, dry, then blow dry with a hair dryer till I know the machine is bone dry, then re-lube all pivot points where needed sparingly with such products I mention above.

My TOM 2 still works as good as the day I bought it. Been a very good machine for me.

Last edited by MarkD51; 04-03-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:29 PM

reorx is on a distinguished road

i have used and have a top o matic t2,powermatic 2 and a fresh choice machine.each have advantages over the others but i found all work good if you don't abuse them and get to know how to make a good stick is done.trial and error was how i learned but there are a lot of factors on each machine from moisture,type of tabacco,loading of tabacco and cut of tabacco that plays a different role in each machine.if your looking for a good all around machine i would say the powermatic 2 for the $ is the best.when your looking for something more convenient the fresh choice can't be beat once you work the little kinks out of using it.plus there are plenty of parts available and a lifetime warrenty.a lot of it is what you want to spend and do with the machine.

Last edited by reorx; 04-15-2015 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling