Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tin Star Natural, awful

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2016, 12:02 PM

Juanmgarza26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tin Star Natural, awful

Bought some at my local b&m while I await my shipment, 3 Oz bag for $5. It tastes like your smoking cardborad, that's the best I can explain it, and half of the bag was usable, rest was dust or too fine.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

well at least you bought a small amount. Lol. I've never heard of that one so I googled it. Could not find one review that was favorable. I've stayed away from the "value" tobaccos after a month or so of trying them. I'd rather pay a few extra $ and smoke something nice. Although, 3oz for $5 is pretty steep for shit
Old 05-18-2016, 01:00 PM

That's what I'm trying out, see what value tobaccos I like and then going from there, I ordered a bunch of 6-8oz from tobacco general
Old 05-18-2016, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

I've never tried them, but I bet d&r's value line is good. You may have to order online though.

The only value baccy i liked straight ( and others don't ) is ohm in the blue bag. I think it's pretty decent

Masklofumanto gave me some Turkish to blend with... I think it was ohm also
Old 05-18-2016, 01:22 PM

lparsons21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the OHM Bold and The Good Stuff Red.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:24 PM

In the thread I started last week, I ordered a 1 pound of GH natural, I liked the flavor and sort of reminds me of a marlboro special blend sort of. Got ohm red, blue, 4 aces, and d&r windsail. I bought local from a high end tobacco shop for tobacco with chocolate flavor, I read somewhere that marlboro has a hint of chocolate in their regular reds. I want to use that to mix with other tobaccos to see if I can get that flavor I'm looking for.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Windsail is very very plain. Very smooth etc, but plain tasting fwiw. It would make a good base to blend with.

What strength of baccy are you looking for?
Old 05-18-2016, 01:59 PM

Full flavor, stronger than a red, but lighter that a Kamel red, looking for a marboro special blend taste though
Old 05-18-2016, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

I've heard of Tin Star. It is cheap expanded tobacco, and from what I've heard, it is almost as bad as Sparrow. Needless to say, I've never tried it (or Sparrow for that matter ... at least my mistakes haven't been that bad, though come to think of it, I did try Washington Regular. lol).

The tobacco sample I sent to "Ohio" was OHM Turkish Red. To me OHM Bold has a heavy cherry flavor from its topping.

Golden Harvest, IMO is an above average "value" brand. I don't think you can go wrong with it for the price. At very least, it tastes decent.

I found that Good Stuff Red works well as a "blender." By itself it's a little bland for my taste, though it smells marvelous.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 05-18-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:26 PM

BobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really nice

Nothing is a bad a Sparrow....