Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » Just started ryo and love it

Just started ryo and love it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2016, 08:36 PM

Juanmgarza26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just started ryo and love it

I bought a laramie shooter-matic, a box of zen full flavor kings, and 3 1 Oz packages of Golden Harvest pipe tobacco for $50.
I had researched for the past 2 weeks or so to get into ryo and I called about 18 smoke shops in my area until I found one that carried all the supplies for ryo.
The lady talked me into the "starter" pack they have which is what is stated above, so far I love the gh 50/50 of the red bag and the yellow bag mixed together, I've smoked winston reds and marlboro reds and that combo is a very similar flavor and body. I love it now and I'm not going back to walmart for cigarettes again.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Welcome to cig reviews!! I think you'll like ryo much better than commercial smokes for more reasons than just price. You do know that Walmart charges a premium for tobacco right? They really stick it to people. Probably $1 or more per pack higher than anywhere else
Old 05-08-2016, 10:01 PM

Not down here by Mexico lol. Same price as conviniencr stores and heb, marble reds run $5.49 a pack special blends run $4.89-$5.19
Old 05-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Maybe it's a regional thing. The walmarts around here charge close to $8 a pack. The regular price everywhere else is about 6.50.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:16 AM

Wow that's insane, I think it's to compete with border prices, I'm from south texas, Rio Grande valley, you can get a carton of marb reds for $40 from Mexico without taxes. I personally can't get into any trouble so I don't get cigarettes from Mexico and skip the taxes. Same thing with liquor... Regardless, local shop carries only golden harvest pipe tobacco though, $19.99 for a 1 lb bag, I say it's justify able for the price of added shipping from online stores, but like I said I fell in love mixing natural and red, very different smoking expirience, tomorrow morning I will be going by for a a 1 lb bag of natural and red and try the zen menthol tubes and try the beretta full flavor tubes. And see how my injector holds up.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Zen tubes are my personal favorite. I tried quite a few, and these are the best all around in my book.

You can most likely get a better deal on tobacco by ordering online. A lot of stores offer free shipping. I don't know what Texas laws are regarding online tobacco sales though
Old 05-09-2016, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

https://www.smokersoutletonline.com/golden-harvest-pipe-tobacco-1-lb.html

$12 and change
Old 05-09-2016, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Welcome to cig reviews!! I think you'll like ryo much better than commercial smokes for more reasons than just price. You do know that Walmart charges a premium for tobacco right? They really stick it to people. Probably $1 or more per pack higher than anywhere else
Not here either. Walmart is cheaper than just about anywhere else except Dollar General (and DG's selection of brands is more limited; for example, DG doesn't carry American Spirit, which Walmart does).

Last edited by masklofumanto; 05-09-2016 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:06 PM

I have a $100 order on smokers outlet. I will be placing the order on friday.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Must be that the regional director for Walmart around here is a dick.

Juan, if you ever want to try a different tobacco, look into the d&r ( daughters and Ryan ) line. They have a lot of great stuff. It costs about the same as what you were paying locally for golden harvest