Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » Hello, anything similar to Newports?

Hello, anything similar to Newports?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2016, 05:45 PM

kakorate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello, anything similar to Newports?

Hey all!

First post here and interested in possibly RMO cigarettes. Any brands out there that taste similar to Newport 100s? If not I would settle for a Kools sorta taste.

What are some brands that taste similar to these than can be ordered online?

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2016, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

And it starts all over....
Old 03-25-2016, 12:32 AM

LuvFemSmkr is on a distinguished road

I used to smoke Newport 100's before I got into RYO. I tried a few different brands and ended up settling on Ohm Mint tobacco.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:01 PM

kakorate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
And it starts all over....
Did i do something against the rules or something? If so a mod can delete this. Just interested. Also, thanks for the recommendation man! ^^^ I'll look into that brand.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:53 PM

BobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really nice

You did not break any rules. Just read thru anything on menthols and you should find your answer. Not many menthol smokers left here.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:07 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

what the original responses were referring to was the commonality of your post - most newbie posters come in asking for the best combo to match their "xxxxx" factory brand. It's the natural question to pose, so don't get defensive about it, in fact it was my first post asking the exact same question on a different brand of factory smokes. It's just from the "old timers" perspective, it gets a little tiring - more than a few of us had pre-canned answers that were actually pretty complete, and we polished and saved them only to find the newbie poster is easily overwhelmed and by their very question reveal they didn't read the posted responses all the way thru.

check the thread below, it's on the subject of matching a new user's commercial menthol brand -

http://www.cigreviews.com/forums/ryo-roll-your-own-cigarettes/4783-recommendation-switch-dunhill-camel-menthols.html

but keep in mind, factory rolled cigs have about 70 chemicals that ryo tobacco doesn't - you are not going to match your factory smoke - and to be frank, be grateful that you won't - the search for what comes closest is half the fun, plus the odds are high you'll find a combo you like better

keep in mind, with any tobacco you try, there's a heck of a dynammic going on between the tobacco and tube choice - different papers in the tubes changes the taste of the tobacco

i would not recommend a menthol cig tube with a menthol tobacco - but even using non-menthol cig tubes, will show a vast range of difference in taste

hope that helps some
Old 03-29-2016, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Originally Posted by kakorate View Post
Did i do something against the rules or something? If so a mod can delete this. Just interested. Also, thanks for the recommendation man! ^^^ I'll look into that brand.
I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way,... Was meant jokingly. Should've put one of these in there :
Old 04-28-2016, 04:21 AM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

D&R has menthol blends ans a mint blend, Windgate Regular was said to be like Kools while Windgate Light is more like Newport or Salem. Well I tried to find it online to see if they still sell it. I didnt see it so I am not sure. Several mentol blends in pipesandcigars catalog including Talon menthol.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 04-28-2016 at 01:52 PM.