Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

D&R tobacco on sale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2015, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice
Default D&R tobacco on sale

This week, pipesandcigars has all d&r tobacco on sale 20% off! And as always free shipping over $99. Just some fyi
Old 03-07-2015, 11:49 AM

wbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nice

Thanks for posting, it's good to know even if I'm well stocked, at the moment.

Might be the time to try the VPB!
Old 03-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by wbealsd View Post
Might be the time to try the VPB!
It would be an opportunity to get VPB at a price cheaper than Windy City's.

Like you, I have enough stock to last about 6 months. But anytime there's a sale, posting the news about it is surely going to be of help to someone. So thanks to "Ohio" for posting.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:57 AM

MarkD51 will become famous soon enoughMarkD51 will become famous soon enough

Just a few days ago, I finally got my backorder of D&R 3 Sails and Penhooker Tobacco from P&C. Was about a 3 week wait. Hot selling brands no doubt.

The bags now have some new stick on labeling, one, a 16oz Sticker covering the old 14oz quantity, and another saying "Now 16oz-Great Value". Same bags, just packed with more baccy it appears.

So, out of 6 bags ordered-received, figure I got 12oz free with the entire order.

I had noticed from the P&C Catalog that I get from time to time, and that I had got about a week ago, mentions a 16oz quantity on the bags of D&R, thought it might've been a misprint, but evidently not.

Thought I'd make mention of this to you folks.

Haven't looked lately, to see if the sales prices are still in effect?
Mark
Old 04-17-2015, 09:41 AM

wbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nice

That's good news! Makes D&R an even better buy ;
Old 04-17-2015, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

wbealsd:
Did you ever get any of the VPB?
Old 04-17-2015, 03:54 PM

MarkD51 will become famous soon enoughMarkD51 will become famous soon enough

I haven't tested my fresh shipment of 3 Sails yet, but did pop a bag of Penhooker, cause its a baccy I don't think I ever bought-smoked before.

It's been about 2 days smoking it. I at first thought it a bit "metallic", and sort of "dry" tasting, but seems not bad, and is smokable. No major disagreements with the taste, throat feel, it is relatively smooth, smell in the bag pretty much confirms no funny choco, cherry, or other weird toppings-flavorings.

I wouldn't call it a "sweet" tasting baccy, like I've heard comments about such.
I know well with any baccy, smelling sweet, and tasting sweet are definitely not the same two things, and that often a sweet smelling baccy, either in the bag, or by room note can often taste like cow dung. And Vice Versa, that a butt nasty smelling baccy just might taste and smoke like heaven. And that's commonly why pipe baccys are "blended", to try to bring the best of both worlds to a smoker.

Penhooker seems fairly "neutral", and some might say a great blender baccy to tone down some highly topped-doped blends. But, IMO, a bit "bland".

Seemed a bit dry in the bag, thought so far that I might need to keep a small piece of dampened paper towel in the bag after opening to somewhat maintain moisture content? (Things dry out quick here in the desert southwest NM with usually ultra low relative humidity)

I have liked 3 Sails from a previous order, and will at some point soon report back about how my new shipment tastes-smokes. I am very aware of how some baccys can vary order to order, and that at times over the years, I've tried a baccy, loved it, then ordered a boatload of it only to find the blend tasting way different, and disappointing.

No, 3 Sails can never be the real 3 Castles, just like many domestic baccys can never be G+H Kendall Gold. Or, the fake Drum being like the real Drum of old.
We have to accept such.

The sad shame is, how this country "scared" so many loved imports from reaching our shores, because everyone and their brother in USA is looking to "sue" someone for a free "get rich quick" handout.

Last edited by MarkD51; 04-17-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
wbealsd:
Did you ever get any of the VPB?
I haven't placed any orders recently. I may have "over-bought" for the winter, since I've still got a little over 20 pounds on hand - lol

Of course, one can never have TOO MUCH tobacco in stock