Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » Best manual injector for 100's?

Best manual injector for 100's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2014, 05:40 PM

JSchubert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best manual injector for 100's?

Hello, first post here.

Long time smoker, but new to RYO. I was recently given a Shargio machine. It has obviously been repaired, one of the pins has been rewelded, and some of the mechanisms are bent. This machine has obviously been abused. While technically it does work, it does not work well. Long story short, I am looking for a new machine.

I normally smoke Pall Mall Blue 100's. FWIW, my first RYO 'purchase' was a 6oz bag of Gambler Gold, and a box of Shargio Blue 100 tubes.

I have been looking at either the Topomatic T2 or the Powermatic 1. (Either will do 100's, correct?)

I am looking for a manual injector that specifically does 100's, any other recommendations?

Thanks.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:17 PM

New to forum, but where did my post go? I don't see it listed on the RYO section....
Old 11-28-2014, 07:23 PM

MarkD51 will become famous soon enoughMarkD51 will become famous soon enough

YepI don't smoke 100's, nor never tried it with my Topomatic T2 Machine, and perhaps others can comment how this particular machine acts with the longer tubes.

The T2 simply has a removal blocking piece in the loading chamber, to either use it for king size, or 100's. It pops out in a 1/6th of a second.

All I can say about the T2, is it's been one hell of a reliable machine for me, going on about a good 4 years, nary a problem, the cam lever, and its sleeved pin are a hell of a lot better in construction than the Premier Supermatic IMO.

And, with that said, the Supermatic IMO is a POS. I've worked on them, repaired them for friends, and even owned one for 2 weeks about 12 years ago and dumped that machine pronto. I even liked my Excels, one of which I've owned for 16 years better. Yep, he first injector I ever bought. it still works. I cannot tell you how many times I've ripped that one down for repair, cleaning, mods, I still have it, bought from Iwan Ries in Chicago for $18.

Only problems with the Excel, is a continuing regular breakage with springs. Maybe they've gotten better in that regard, but I have modified, and rebuilt the 3 Excels I have, with hardware store springs etc.

I've yet to have a spring break on my T2. A quite robust machine, just remember to get in the periodic habit of cleaning it top to bottom, and lubing all pivot points-guts every once and awhile. It will serve you well.

Last edited by MarkD51; 11-28-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:49 PM

It seems to me there are too many 'xxx-matics'.....

Topomatic, Supermatic, Powermatic, Cigomatic.

It's all very confusing to a new RYOer.

Any such thing as a 100omatic?
Old 11-29-2014, 10:08 AM

BobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really nice

I have never found a machine that stuffs 100's perfect.. But the best that I found is the Top-o-Matic T1. Do a search and some Reasearch and see what you can find its been discussed before.

And welcome to the board!
Old 11-29-2014, 11:51 AM

Thanks BobbyE. I have been doing quite a bit of research, but I'm not having the best of luck finding things specific to 100s. I've done a few searches on this forum with keywords like 100s , 100's, long,. I've scrolled through about 40 pages already, my eyes are getting buggy lol. ADHD can be good , and bad!

So I've got one vote for the T2, one for the T1, and a minus one for the Supermatic.

Still curious on why this post is not visible on the RYO Forum page... Just the main page?
Old 11-30-2014, 02:37 PM

wbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nice

I'll second the vote for the T1, I don't generally stuff 100's, but it's been a good machine for me and a consistent workhorse for 2 packs a day, everyday.