Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Powermatic 2 ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 03:55 PM

ptrsen01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Powermatic 2 ??

I have been using the P1 and am impressed with it. Was thinking of getting an electric injector as I have a shoulder that complains after making a lot of cigs. Due to my experience with the P1 I thought of getting the P2, but I have read on this forum about problems with returns and repairs some have had if they needed to return it or have it fixed. I have a COUNTERFEIT Zen shooter and did not care for it. I would be interested in any recent experiences with the P2 and the company. Also would appreciate suggestions from those that are using other electric machines. Thanks and smoke em if you got em.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:02 PM

BobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really nice

I've been using a P2 for about a year and a half. I absolutely love the thing. The first one I had was pulled off the shelf and busted so I bought another one. I have not sent one of these back so I don't know about service on that side of it.

I also have a Zen super shooter if sent back twice I still don't think it works right. So I'm still trucking with the P2.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:39 PM

ryan787 has a spectacular aura aboutryan787 has a spectacular aura aboutryan787 has a spectacular aura about

i have the newer one in the white box. susposidly different from the original P2(i guess they fixed the problems, IDK). Works great for me. I've had it a couple months now.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:25 PM

pioneer is on a distinguished road
Smile

I have the new Powermatic 2 + which came in the white box and love it, had no problems. Works great.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:20 AM

regularfella has a spectacular aura aboutregularfella has a spectacular aura about

I have one. However, I rarely use it anymore. I'm actually faster with the Topomatic. Also, I get a better feel for the tobacco when using the TOM.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:53 AM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

i had posted the issue that caused me to send it back and the surreal warranty svc.

I also have a P1. In spite of the svc issue, i figured up, by the number of tube cartons i had ordered (i save all my rcpts) from the time of the P2 purchase and it was well above 20,000 smokes, somewhere closer to 25,000

somewhere between 25,000 & 30,000 cigs, i noticed the cigs were getting sloppy, mainly getting a lot of voids at the filter end - the linkage had gotten kind of sloppy, so i ordered a 2nd one. Funny but brand new it did the same thing my other one did - it will cycle occasionally on it's own, if i bump it or just move it. But it makes king size smokes for me faster and more predictably than anything else i've used. Just using 20,000 cig life expectancy, iirc, that worked out to a 69 cents per carton amortization cost for the P2.

I don't know about using the p2 for 100mm tubes though - there's no adjustment for tube length, and by chance i had some 100mm tubes (ordered by accident) and made a few cigs - wasn't very consistent in stuffing them but i made fewer than 10 cigs, so i can't say with certainty it's not going to give the same great product with 100mm tubes - it's possible it will do 100mm consistently with the right technique dialed in

Last edited by larryccf; 01-05-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:29 PM

Have had the P-2 for 2 weeks and love it. Only 2 jams and those were pilot error. It will take over stuffing better than the P-1. No filter or end gaps if you pack it slightly tight. Have been using Gambler FF tubes. Takes a little less effort and movement than the P1. Bought it trying to protect a bum shoulder. You still have to cut the tobacco manually, but the electronic packing allows me to make the cut with a flick of the wrist. Comes with a small hopper that adds 1/2 inch. Lack of a large hopper does not bother me as it is a messy process no matter how you slice it. Hefty construction and seems like a quality product. Still use the P-1 and alternate. Love both machines, but will see how I feel if and when I need service. No excuse for shoddy customer service when you make a solid product, especially with reviews and forums out there.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:24 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

been toying with the idea of a cig trimmer

It took me awhile to drop the habit of trimming each cig as it dropped off the machine. It is a little faster trimming them all in a separate operation, rather than pickup scissors cut, put scissors down and then position new tube on machine

But been toying with the idea of something in terms of a miniature paper cutter, with a swing down arm.
On the table are 3 or 4 channels, sized to a KS cig, with a stop in the channel at the filter end - butt the filter up to the stop on 3 or 4 cigs, and swing the cutter down to trim

or it could just be the channeled surface, same stop to position the cig end at the edge of the table, and pull a sharp box cutter across the table end

but otherwise, the P2 has to be the fastest of the $100 and under stuffing machines

Last edited by larryccf; 01-19-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:08 PM

Since I posted earlier today I made a couple packs using Vera Cruz Eleg. and was getting a little filter gap every few. Also getting more sticking out the end, about 3/8 inch. I suppose because of the 20 mm filter. If I used these tubes normally I would work on my technique. The stuff sticking out the end never bothers me unless I'm making some for my wife. She wont take RYO out of the house. " Too messy". The Gamblers work good and I have no plans to switch as they are available locally.

By the way, what's' up with this thing telling me after I try to post that I don't have permission and I need to log in. Shows me logged in, but wont take my post. So I log in again and have lost what I typed. I had to leave the computer for 5 minutes and then came back. Am I doing something wrong? A real pain in the ass unless a yes or no post.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:55 PM

alcapasa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ptrsen01 View Post
Since I posted earlier today I made a couple packs using Vera Cruz Eleg. and was getting a little filter gap every few. Also getting more sticking out the end, about 3/8 inch. I suppose because of the 20 mm filter. If I used these tubes normally I would work on my technique. The stuff sticking out the end never bothers me unless I'm making some for my wife. She wont take RYO out of the house. " Too messy". The Gamblers work good and I have no plans to switch as they are available locally.

By the way, what's' up with this thing telling me after I try to post that I don't have permission and I need to log in. Shows me logged in, but wont take my post. So I log in again and have lost what I typed. I had to leave the computer for 5 minutes and then came back. Am I doing something wrong? A real pain in the ass unless a yes or no post.
I'm also curious about it telling me that I don't have permission when I'm logged in..I thought it was just me having this problem.