Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » A new way to make cigarettes coming your way......

A new way to make cigarettes coming your way......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 05:24 PM

ryoloader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A new way to make cigarettes coming your way......

Here is a video you might find interesting:

Looking forward to your comments.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:52 PM

BobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really nice

I would need to see more before I could comment.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:08 PM

bustah will become famous soon enoughbustah will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BobbyE View Post
I would need to see more before I could comment.
From the look of it, it seems to be a hand injector that feeds like a crank injector. The spoon sticks out and goes back in unlike the normal hand injector.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:13 PM

ronsen will become famous soon enoughronsen will become famous soon enough

A crappy video that shows nothing.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:27 PM

BobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really nice

I thought he said there was no spoon..
Old 05-15-2013, 08:59 PM

S-F is an unknown quantity at this point

It's "magic". If you can't see what's happening because it's hidden behind the hands it must be magic......
Old 05-16-2013, 12:18 AM

CNCMan will become famous soon enoughCNCMan will become famous soon enough

He's obviously being secretive about the exact method and hardware while trying to solicit interest and aid in marketing it. Not sure the two are cooperating. It appears as though he's rolling it to a diameter smaller than the tube then injecting by some method. I don't see anything really novel here but speed, flexibility, reliability and durability will make or break this design.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:57 AM

bustah will become famous soon enoughbustah will become famous soon enough

I totally missed the rolling part with his fingers. LOL!

If it does work like a roller then the tobaccos would be somewhat compressed after finger rolling. All he need to do is add a plastic nozzle like a normal hand injector for the tube and a slidable mechanism for injecting.

Since he said that there was no spoon, I am guessing it would be something in the shape of a filter with the same diameter. You would just slide it like he did for it to push the tobaccos directly through the nozzle.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:11 PM

CNCMan will become famous soon enoughCNCMan will become famous soon enough

I guess I should add price point as well. As we all know, consistency and the various cuts of RYO tobaccos are all over the map. Some, like shags, are very compressible while others, not so much. Moisture content also has a large effect. Some of the course 'pipe cut' tobacco is darn near un-injectable without pre-processing. Rollers can accommodate these variables (to some extent) as the diameter can change. Trying to inject/stuff is less so. Relying on rolling as opposed to compressing to get the diameter correct before injecting may be very dependent on quantity and consistency of the tobacco itself. Additionally dry, larger cut tobaccos don't expand out to fill the tube nearly as much (if at all) as shags and smaller cuts.

In short, I wonder how tolerant this method would be, thus the flexibility comment I made earlier. Not trying to diss all over this thread or concept but I'm pretty confident what we see in the video is a best case scenario. There's certainly room for improvement in the durability department as most handheld injectors are flimsy w/short lives. More info would be helpful. I guess the skeptic in me worries this could be a solution in search of a problem.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:48 PM

OhioGregg is on a distinguished road

LOL, I'm a newbie to RYO/MYO. Others may have a clue to what your doing, but I don't. Only saw the back of your hands. Kinda like a magic trick. I would think you would want to show the thing and or method a little better, or a lot better. I don't think I will be ditching my T-O-M any time soon.

Gregg,