Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » Nicotine Withdrawal?/Nicotine Levels-Side Effects

Nicotine Withdrawal?/Nicotine Levels-Side Effects

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 09:18 AM

ABH 21 will become famous soon enough
Default Nicotine Withdrawal?/Nicotine Levels-Side Effects

This is post is for everyone - new and old timers....

I've only been at this for about 4 weeks and the first 2 weeks were fine but the last 2 weeks I've been having some strange side effects. - I get light headed when I smoke (not every time - using Light tubes and tobacco) and I'm VERY bloated and have a LOT of stomach discomfort, been miserable the past 2 weeks.

At first I thought it was dehydration from "more" nicotine having switched from FC to tobacco because nicotine dehydrates you even though I drink about 40 oz. or more of water daily. Today I went online and researched and it seems my symptoms are those of nicotine "withdrawal". People who have quit smoking have the same stomach discomforts that I am having.
(I have not changed anything in my diet or otherwise the past 4 weeks, only switching from the FC to tobacco)

I want to know if anyone else has experienced any type of these side affects when switching from FC to RYO.......

: (
Old 03-13-2013, 12:30 PM

andyk has a spectacular aura aboutandyk has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, can't relate.

By FC do you mean factory cigarettes? And "tobacco" are you referring to dual purpose pipe tobacco?
Old 03-13-2013, 12:53 PM

Yes, FC is Factory Cigarette & tobacco is pipe tobacco
Old 03-13-2013, 01:07 PM

CNCMan will become famous soon enoughCNCMan will become famous soon enough

Many inexpensive dual-purpose tobaccos don't seem to have tar and nicotine levels as strong as FC or OTC cigs. Depends on what you used to smoke and what you're using now for tobacco. As far as symptoms go, sounds like you may want to visit your doctor. I wouldn't be so sure this is necessarily tobacco related.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:12 PM

ronsen will become famous soon enoughronsen will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CNCMan View Post
Many inexpensive dual-purpose tobaccos don't seem to have tar and nicotine levels as strong as FC or OTC cigs. Depends on what you used to smoke and what you're using now for tobacco. As far as symptoms go, sounds like you may want to visit your doctor. I wouldn't be so sure this is necessarily tobacco related.
Good answer.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:23 PM

From what I"ve been reading, nicotine withdrawal has horrible symptoms. They rank it up there with heroin withdrawal - I "personally" do not know anything about that . My old Dr. used to smoke and we had many talks about the addiction of nicotine and about how hard it is too quit. (too bad she moved or I wouldn't have a problem discussing this with her) From everything that I have researched so far, that is what it sounds like - withdrawal symptoms. I guess there is only one way for me to find out, go buy some FC, smoke a couple and see how I feel.

This is where I am uneducated - about the difference in nicotine levels in FC/OTC and the pipe tobacco I am smoking now. I had a similar conversation the other day, about how do you find out the nicotine levels in what we are smoking ? We can go online and get nicotine levels for FC, but not so for the tobacco.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:26 PM

BTW - if this helps: I used to smoke Marlboro Light 100's, now I am smoking Smokin G's - MLT & MUL in a Windsail Elite & Vera Cruz Elegante tube (non FF tubes)