Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Commence Operation RYO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 01:21 PM

lawyer66 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bustah View Post
Are you being a bit too sensitive? Don't get me wrong but I also had all 3 Vera Cruz tubes in my first order. Therefore, I understand where you are coming from. Apparently a member here Ronsen also warned me about the Midnight tubes before I made my order. However, I still ended wanting to try it due to the appealing colors. I paid $4 for it and it was a disappointment. I felt that it was a waste as I left the Nocturne and Midnight nearly unused. A lot of members here also run into the same problem with tubes/tobacco and end up having to blend to finish it. It's definitely not a fun thing to do.

Another member here BobbyE had a post about the Midnight tubes. He couldn't find anything that would work with it. I also have to agree with him how it taste like cardboard with any tobaccos.

I am not trying to be critical with your statement, I was just confused how you came up with those tubes from scanning through this forum. It also make sense why I asked if you were looking for a stronger smoke.

If things doesn't work out, you might want to try some of those tobacco with a stronger cigar like flavor. D&R Sigaro, D&R Sigaretta, GH Kendal Dark, GH Dark Bird's Eye. I think they might go well with the tubes.

I am still quite new to this as well but I just try to be as safe as possible with my orders. When I don't like something I just leave it untouched or end up throwing it out. Although it's true that you have to go through trial and error, I just find it better to hear some feedback before placing a order.
Alright thank you, I didn't mean to be a viper or anything, i guess i took you the wrong way. Luckily, customer service just contacted me and I have to pay extra. So I will modify my order, at least to change some of the tubes. I think I went overboard with the hot rods so good thing I posted. Once again, my apologies if i came off snappy haha.

Last edited by lawyer66; 03-09-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:27 PM

bustah will become famous soon enoughbustah will become famous soon enough

Don't worry about it. You should definitely try the Vera Cruz Elegante, I find this best out of the 3. Golden Harvest Menthol isn't bad also. Hot Rods you can always let it bleed off if you find it too strong.

Give the following tubes a try if they carry it:

Vera Cruz Elegante
Beretta FF
Ramback Prestige
Golden Harvest FF/Menthol

Also I remember you saying that you liked Paul Mall and Camels but you never said filtered or non-filtered. It makes a huge difference. It would be easier for people to recommend you.

Last edited by bustah; 03-09-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:22 PM

Okay so after having made the amendments my list goes as follows:

1 Vera Cruz Midnight
1 Vera Cruz Nocturne
1 Laramie 250 Count King- SIzed Filtered Tubes
1 Hot Rod Super Menthol King Size Tubes
1 Premier Full Flavor King 200ct Tubes for Injecting
1 Rizla Full Flavor 200 count paper Standard Thickness
1 Ramback Prestige 200 Tubes With 20mm Filters

So bustah I'm trusting your advice and making variety the spice of life haha
Old 03-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

I've used, and am still using, the Laramie FF Kings tubes. I happen to like them, fwiw. But when I got them, I jumped in with "both feet," as I got 2500 tubes (10 boxes - free shipping)! Good thing that I liked them.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by bustah View Post
Also I remember you saying that you liked Paul Mall and Camels but you never said filtered or non-filtered. It makes a huge difference. It would be easier for people to recommend you.
I smoke filtered cigarettes mostly. If i'm on a cash crunch I will roll golden virginia unfiltered. Tried camel unfiltered and did not like them at all. Also, I smoked pall mall red whenever I could get them.