Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community

Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community (https://www.cigreviews.com/forums/)
-   RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes (https://www.cigreviews.com/forums/ryo-roll-your-own-cigarettes/)
-   -   rolling papers and filter or tubes? (https://www.cigreviews.com/forums/ryo-roll-your-own-cigarettes/2447-rolling-papers-filter-tubes.html)

lawyer66 02-13-2013 11:02 AM

rolling papers and filter or tubes?

Okayy, so i've been lookin and i'm now wondering if it would be better to buy tubes or papers and filters and a zig-zag roller. Which one is better to you guys? Can you tell me the pros and cons and which tobaccos/tubes/ papers work better for you all (or at least those of you who use or have used this method). Thanks

-Law

NCJY 02-13-2013 11:35 AM

In general, tubes are faster, cheaper, and will not be mistaken for a joint by the general public. What I use 99% of the time.

Papers and roller are great fun and nice for custom smokes. What I use them for. I admire the simplicity and kudos to those who do it on a regular basis.

Papers and filters, I gave up on the filters, I don't do it enough to justify.

Hand rolling, I need shag, so I don't bother.

ronsen 02-13-2013 11:52 AM

I use both.
Tubes are more convenient and faster to make. You can set smoke down and it will keep going.

Rollies need constant attention to keep burning.
Cost wise, it just depends on which brand of tubes or papers and filters you buy. Tubes I buy are $2.50-3.00 a box of 200.
Filters I buy run about a penny a piece.
70mm papers run me half a cent to a penny apiece. 78mm 1-2 cents a piece.
You can usually get shorter smoke time with a rollie.
I use a Double Dutch tip for most filterless rolliers. Less waste of tobacco, no loose tobacco in mouth. I reuse them.
You can roll 5-7mm smokes with a rollie versus 8mm with tubes.

Cost wise, most who roll don't worry about the extra penny to make. Face it, compared to the savings of not buying OTC smokes, why quivel.
Flavor on a good shag is best with a filterless rollie.
Rolling Paper Depot is a good reliable source. With NEWRPD typed into coupons gives you 10% OFF. Shipping for normal USPS is &6.95 flat rate.
I order bulk Ramback and Windsail tubes from Bec's accessories for $2-2.25 a box. Since they have flat rate shipping I also Order Gizeh and Smoking brand papers when I do.

Rollies are not for mass production or casual smoking.

ronsen 04-15-2013 08:41 PM

My consumtion of rollies with tips or filters has gone way up. There is just something about rolling that grew on me. Shags are so much better in a rollie.

JohnnyM 04-15-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronsen (Post 15427)
My consumtion of rollies with tips or filters has gone way up. There is just something about rolling that grew on me. Shags are so much better in a rollie.

Second that:D

bustah 04-15-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronsen (Post 15427)

I also agree with that even though I only hand roll without tips or filters. After seeing all you people rolling, I decided to get a roller to play with. Can't wait to try out rollies + filters/tips. :D

ronsen 04-22-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bustah (Post 15442)
I also agree with that even though I only hand roll without tips or filters. After seeing all you people rolling, I decided to get a roller to play with. Can't wait to try out rollies + filters/tips. :D

So how do you like it?

bustah 04-23-2013 12:00 AM

Fun for change up but I still prefer injecting due to my laziness. Rolling doesn't offer Light paper/filter which I am more used to.

I want a better roller like the gizeh metal. Currently waiting for my newly ordered roll box to come in. Let's see if it will make a difference.

ronsen 04-23-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bustah (Post 15657)
Fun for change up but I still prefer injecting due to my laziness. Rolling doesn't offer Light paper/filter which I am more used to.

I want a better roller like the gizeh metal. Currently waiting for my newly ordered roll box to come in. Let's see if it will make a difference.

Being lazy, you most likely won't like a rollbox.
As far as I know, no light filters are made.

bustah 04-23-2013 12:24 AM

The rollbox seems somewhat easier and less messy. I like how it can hold a bit of tobaccos.

I am still considering on getting a Gizeh metal/Rizla+ metal premier.