Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Time to hoard tobacco?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 12:55 PM
NCJY

Question Time to hoard tobacco?

In light of the election, I guess the only fiscally responsible thing to do is start hoarding tobacco.
Along with gold, ammo, gasoline...
Old 11-07-2012, 03:54 PM

marper will become famous soon enoughmarper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NCJY View Post
In light of the election, I guess the only fiscally responsible thing to do is start hoarding tobacco.
Along with gold, ammo, gasoline...
With the narrow margin the republicans hold the house they will easily be able to find the votes and some new reason to tax tobacco. They are going to have to find some way to generate some more income. If anyone sees them starting to create some new tax please post it quickly so we can know to stock up before it gets passed.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

A tax increase on tobacco is still a tax increase, and I think the Republicans will not easily yield on any tax increases - not unless they get some serious concessions in spending cuts first. They'd be fools to do otherwise. So, as I see it, the only silver lining in the cloud of the election outcome is the fact that the House is still Republican controlled. If the Republicans do, in fact, yield on new tobacco taxes, they need to be called out on it. NO NEW TAXES IS NO NEW TAXES (Read my lips . . . remember George Herbert Walker Bush in 1988, and how he lost reelection in 1992, in part for reneging on that famous pledge).
Old 11-07-2012, 06:08 PM

Scruffy is a jewel in the roughScruffy is a jewel in the roughScruffy is a jewel in the roughScruffy is a jewel in the rough
Default Shhhhh

Last edited by Scruffy; 03-14-2013 at 02:21 PM.