Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » What is your favorite cigarette case?

What is your favorite cigarette case?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 06:32 AM
NCJY

Default What is your favorite cigarette case?

I have been using recycled hard packs, really need a hard case. Favorites?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:38 AM

Scruffy is a jewel in the roughScruffy is a jewel in the roughScruffy is a jewel in the roughScruffy is a jewel in the rough

Last edited by Scruffy; 03-14-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by NCJY View Post
I have been using recycled hard packs, really need a hard case. Favorites?
At Amazon.com there is a "Hard Box Full Pack Cigarette Case" (Fujima brand) sold by Discount Hookahs and Tobacco Products for 43 cents plus 1.99 for shipping. Hard plastic, flip-top easily holds twenty cigarettes. Good quality. I just purchased one (King size) on October 5. It is also available in 100s size, same price. Really fast shipping!
Old 10-29-2012, 12:41 PM

Greenjeans will become famous soon enoughGreenjeans will become famous soon enough

A Park Sherman aluminum pull apart cigarette case that I bought at the PX in Da Nang in 1968.
Still use it every day.
For taking an extra "pack" along on day long fishing and hunting trips, I use a Premier plastic pull apart case.
The Premier plastic case is really tough. (Bec's $6.95)
Even more crush proof than the Park Sherman.
No hinge to wear out and break.
Both hold 18 smokes.
If you use a wood pencil to pack the smokes in the cases, you can get the Park Sherman to hold 20 smokes.
The Premier 19.
To me, not worth the extra effort for 1 or 2 extra smokes.

Last edited by Greenjeans; 10-29-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:11 PM

andyk has a spectacular aura aboutandyk has a spectacular aura about

The Fujima flip-top box falls apart easily for me; I've broken two of them just by carrying them in my pants. They open up while I'm walking and spill tobacco all over..

The Zig Zag blue one is okay. I only fit 12 in it, but the smokes seem to take minimum damage.

My favorite thus far is the bright yellow Top Case, with three compartments. Fits 18, keeps them snug, minimum damage.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:12 PM

ronsen will become famous soon enoughronsen will become famous soon enough

Around here you can get the Zig Zag and Top cases for under $2 at the gas stations. Local B&M wants $5-6.00 for them.

Just remember not to close the empty Zig Zag to hard. A couple loaners came back so bad, I can't get them apart. The hinges on the Tops last me far longer than other hinged cases.

I also use small cigar tins, an old Camel tin and Salem tins.

My current go to town tin is a metal pack that American Spirit had out.

I use the different cases and tins for different smokes.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:57 PM

Devoid101 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
At Amazon.com there is a "Hard Box Full Pack Cigarette Case" (Fujima brand) sold by Discount Hookahs and Tobacco Products for 43 cents plus 1.99 for shipping. Hard plastic, flip-top easily holds twenty cigarettes. Good quality. I just purchased one (King size) on October 5. It is also available in 100s size, same price. Really fast shipping!

I ordered a couple of these cases a few days ago and I just received them in the mail today! Two day shipping, not bad at all! I didn't like the NO option of color choice but at .43 cents a case I can't complain. I was happy with the color I received though. I received two silver colored cases. The shipping cost of $1.99 goes up with each additional one you order so watch out for that. The cases are made of good sturdy hard plastic with strong hinges which should hold up for quite awhile. There is a company logo on the bottom right of the cases which says 'Rolling Supreme' followed by the web address.

All in all I'm happy with their cases!

Last edited by Devoid101; 11-03-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Well, the hinge on my Fujima flip-top plastic case just broke. I didn't even drop it on the floor or something comparable. I just finished making cigarettes, put them in the case, and just as I was about to close the lid . . . boing! Broken hinge, and impossible to fix. Too bad, I did like this case. So, started looking at alternatives on Amazon, and decided on the Gizeh flip-top plastic case for $4.99 with free shipping. Hopefully it will last longer.

Update: Four months later and the Gizeh is still going strong!

Last edited by masklofumanto; 04-14-2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 AM

andyk has a spectacular aura aboutandyk has a spectacular aura about

Yup, they do that. I use a rubber band to close them now, and they don't leave the house. Just to store smokes before I move them to another pack.

Pretty useless pieces of plastic if you ask me!
Old 12-18-2012, 02:51 PM

Zarit has a spectacular aura aboutZarit has a spectacular aura about

I've been using the "Hard Box Full Pack Cigarette Case" by Fujima for a few months now. The solid coloured ones, not the swirly coloured ones (#ch25 and #ch10 on Amazon, respectively). They work well for me, never had them accidentally come open, no hinges have broken. The only problem I could see people having with them is they have a strip along the back that's open which could dry out the cigarettes or spill tobacco. Mine live in my jacket though, and I've never had either of those two things happen.