Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » What is your favorite cigarette case?

What is your favorite cigarette case?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

The Gizeh cigarette case I ordered Monday evening arrived today. Looks nice! It easily holds 21 cigarettes, divided into two compartments (12 on left, 9 on the right, of the divider) . . . the divider is apparently there for separating different types of cigarettes (such as FF and Light, or Regular and Menthol, etc.), though that would make it impossible to put a pack of store bought cigarettes in it, you would have to remove the cigarettes from the pack. The hinge is such that, besides appearing more durable, there are no openings such as there are on the Fujima case, so I imagine it would keep the cigarettes fresher. Though I wasn't given a choice of color, the one I received is dark gray . . . I am relieved that it isn't some garish color!

Last edited by masklofumanto; 12-22-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-22-2012, 05:11 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

had two of those - the little detents that hold the lid closed lose their tension in a couple of weeks - they were the first ones i tried. Went thru about 3 other plastic cases after that and all had some issues. My biggest complaint with the gizeh was the size just seemed awkwardly large

i've been using one of the alum boxes with magnetic catch (pix below) for about 6 months now and works surprisingly well. It does need a box from a factory cig pack but then that cig box seems to last forever - have only changed boxes in it once. If you don't use a factory box inside, it doesn't seal well, so the cigs dry out fairly quickly. But the magnetic catch works surprisingly well - keeps the lid secure but still easy enough to open single handly. Size wise, not noticeably larger than a factory cig box - think i paid about $5 shipped off egay. Surprising to me, though, was how well the finish has held up - i'm pretty rough on stuff like this (we make metal chips, ie machining, for a living) and everything i lay down in the shop, like cell phone etc, doesn't take long to look like hell.

But it was these that gave me the idea for one i'm making out of wood. I planed some spare douglas fir down to less than 1/8" thickness, just need to find the time to finish making one.

Last edited by larryccf; 12-22-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:35 AM

Scruffy is a jewel in the roughScruffy is a jewel in the roughScruffy is a jewel in the roughScruffy is a jewel in the rough

Last edited by Scruffy; 03-14-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:27 PM

BobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really nice

Try a Altoid mint box. Be sure and wash it out first or you will get some strange flavors, The fit KINGS perfect and will hold 12 to 15 smokes. And they last forever.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:19 AM
NCJY

BobbyE, welcome to the forum

Like your Altoid tin thing. I like tins in general. Who do I know who toids?

Just got my first case, cheap plastic with real hinge, not the "living" kind. Pops open, woopy. Works so far, not expecting much.

Last edited by NCJY; 12-28-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:04 AM
NCJY

Thumbs up thanks BobbyE

Originally Posted by BobbyE View Post
Try a Altoid mint box. Be sure and wash it out first or you will get some strange flavors, The fit KINGS perfect and will hold 12 to 15 smokes. And they last forever.
Compared to my camo flip top plastic case (no name), I am really liking my Altoid tin. Fits well in my pocket, seems unbreakable.

I like to pull it out in front of people. They think they are being offered an Altoid, their eyes light up, then general disgust.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:58 PM

BobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really niceBobbyE is just really nice

You just can't beat the things,,, and the price is right,,, for long term keeping like when traveling rap it with serann wrap..
Old 02-07-2013, 06:29 PM

KennyKim will become famous soon enoughKennyKim will become famous soon enough

my favorite is the one from smokersoutlet with 2 dividers. fits 18 per case (6 each section) and its only like 2bucks.

1 to 5 (1 being the lowest)

1: OTC, anything flavored mint
2: ohm bold & blue & turk red, golden harvest robust
3: Largo reg, Red Cap reg
4: ps amsterdam pipe/cig cut, ALL american spirit pouchs
5: ncs-3c, peter stokkebye danish export cig & pipe cut
Old 02-07-2013, 06:56 PM

CNCMan will become famous soon enoughCNCMan will become famous soon enough

With some reluctance, I am currently using an Altoids tin. Holds 18 with a little convincing and offers metal clad protection. It's more compact than the plastic flip-top versions I've seen and has been working great for some months now. It's getting a nice patina with a few dents and scratches here and there. A bit Rube Golderg I know but need is the mother of invention after all.

Addendum: I see now I'm not the only one. Didn't read thru page 2 before posting. Long live Altoids. For a real thrill, I break out the Zingo's tin if I'm out and on the town...

Last edited by CNCMan; 02-07-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Addendum
Old 02-08-2013, 11:25 AM

lawyer66 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NCJY View Post
I have been using recycled hard packs, really need a hard case. Favorites?
Kloud (sold on amazon) is a really good brand, a bit pricey but its a convenient metal case. Check it out