Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What are you smoking now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2021, 07:09 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Todays mix is 2 1/2 pinches Cherokee Black-1 pinch Cherokee Silver with a tiny sprinkle of the burley-1/2 pinch Vengeur Platinum. I test the Silver/burley part separate because too much of the burley cancels out everything with a burnt toast/strong black coffee kind of ordeal. A small amount of the Vengeur Platinum actually made this mix complex in taste. The vanilla and cocoa casing/topping of the Cherokee tobaccos comes thru with a bit of the coffee and enough oriental influence to make it rather interesting. The small percentage of higher quality Virginia tobacco in the Vengeur is even noticeable. That surprised me. I am more convinced that the flavor in question in the Vengeur is oriental tobacco(s) other than Izmir. It is now more subdued and even seems welcome.
Old 04-25-2021, 10:26 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

After making a couple more batches of the last mix that were slightly off I am going back to the Cherokee Silver for a while. Just the smallest deviation seems to change things drastically and my taste buds are shot. One batch was what I describe as sour. The other seemed dusty to me. My regular Cherokee Black tastes awful now for some reason. What I suspect is that there is some Yendiji tobacco in the Vengeur Platinum. Something I am not fond of.