Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What are you smoking now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2020, 04:12 PM

Boogeyman is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel the samew way about the Lumbo.That stuff was awesome!
DWW,I just recieved a 7lb order of Cherokee Black from P&C all labeled
Black where it use to say Turkish Bold.I guess they wanted to follow suit and keep it labeled with colors.This could lead to some confusion where the bag has no desciption as to the color meaning.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:00 AM
Entry Member

Kimberly93 is on a distinguished road
Smile Newport Menthol

Iíve been smoking Newport cigarettes for almost 16 years now and I have always loved the menthol taste and I donít plan on ever changing my brand at all... very satisfied
Old 05-16-2020, 03:37 PM

Marlboroman39 has a spectacular aura aboutMarlboroman39 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Kimberly93 View Post
Iíve been smoking Newport cigarettes for almost 16 years now and I have always loved the menthol taste and I donít plan on ever changing my brand at all... very satisfied
Nice. do you smoke 100s?
Old 05-17-2020, 03:27 PM

EricSilstrom will become famous soon enoughEricSilstrom will become famous soon enough

I've never looked into RYO and I know that there are savings there in doing it, but, how long does it take to make a pack, carton, etc and are the savings worth the additional time spent making them.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:47 PM

George1 will become famous soon enoughGeorge1 will become famous soon enough
Default B&H

Iím smoking my B&H Premium Gold 100Ēs Full Flavor. Iím greedily sucking down every drag. Addiction is fun.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:07 AM

sheb1old1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Smokin G mint blend with Beretta Elite 100s tubes
Old 04-22-2021, 01:37 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

Smoking Cherokee Silver right now. There is a hint of vanilla which is probably the casing not a topping. Not distracting so far. I have just ordered some Vengeur Platinum, Cherokee Black, and a pouch of Five Brothers burley from Pipesandcigars intending to do some mixing. I was thrown off when I saw that they do not sell Ramback and other tobaccos in bulk or tins anymore. I don't need a whole pound of it so I left Ramback out. I bought the Cherokee Silver so I could add some burley but there is no Turkish tobacco in that. If I did the math right a pouch of burley in a pound of tobacco is about 7%. Wanting a suitable mixure as an alternative to the usual Cherokee Black. I have been smoking it exclusively for a long time now. When I had run out I bought a pack of Original Camel filters in the red and white box. Those were quite tasty but there is no way that I'd pay that much every day. Nope. I also bought some Pikesville straight rye whiskey and I am having a glass now. I did not like it in an Old Fashioned or with water or even ice. 110 proof neat! Fancy.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:42 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

I mixed a very tiny amount of the burley with some of the Cherokee Silver. It wasn't bad but obviously lacked any Turkish tobacco at all. So I then added an equal amount of Cherokee Black. That was better but not enough Turkish influence so I added an equal amount to that mixture of Vengeur Platinum. Much better. I will experiment with the amount of Vengeur Platinum to try to fine tune it. The D&R product is higher quality but the topping seems a bit strange to me. This tastes similar to the Camel filters I mentioned. A little of the burley goes a long way like Ramback does. It adds body and nicotine and should be used very carefully because just a bit too much does not taste very good. I only mix small batches else I'd end up wasting a lot of time trying to correct things and never actually do so. Now I wish I had Ramback so I could add a little of that instead of Vengeur Platinum which contains a bit of Turkish tobacco.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:11 AM

I have decided that Vengeur Platinum is no good for mixing because of the odd topping. The quality Virginia within is welcome but the topping taints it for me. My blend is two pinches of Cherokee Black- plus- one pinch of Cherokee Silver with a tiny tiny tiny sprinkle of Five Brothers burley. The slight alterations make a big difference to me. This is more like an actual cigarette and less like pipe tobacco in a paper tube. it is cheaper than building a mix from scratch using D&R Virginia tobacco. The Cherokee casing/topping do not clash. The burley really would go a long long way because Cherokee silver already has some although less than Cherokee Black. The only thing that I can think of to improve it would be adding an extremely small dash of Ramback. The Ramback would go one hell of a long way. Added cost but just a bit is used each time. I am thinking that I wasted my money paying double the price for Vengeur Platinum. Foolishness because I had tried it once before and thought the topping to be odd then too. This approach to mixing may seem stupid but you would have to taste the difference to see my logic. I do not smoke lights. I bought the Silver solely for blending.
Old 04-25-2021, 12:01 AM

I still can't name what makes the Vengeur seem odd to me. It may not be a topping. It could be the oriental tobacco portion of it. Just an observation. It is not horribly bad but annoys me after a while. It could be Ramback Balkan I don't know. I do not like Ramback Balkan. I read about an extract of oriental tobaccos being used in it a long time ago. I don't know if that is so anymore. It does not matter what it is really. I just know that Vengeur is not for me.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 04-25-2021 at 12:33 AM.