Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RYO Tubes and filter size

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 02:50 PM

Light_em_up is on a distinguished road
Default RYO Tubes and filter size

Hi gang and fellow smokers!

I've been rolling my own for about 6 months now. Sadly, where I live, my selection of tobacco is limited to four brands, however, thanks god for the internet...I can try a lot of different tubes. I've been using Premier tubes (king size light) for the most part and prefer a menthol smoke. I tried the Premier menthol, but it was too strong with the "mint" tobacco I was using. Even after switching to the Premier Light tubes, the smoke is a bit a strong, but I've grown accustomed to it. After reading on some of the forums, I noticed that some posters were talking about "filter size." I took a closer look at the tubes I was using and noticed that the tube is pretty darn short compared to the manufactured smokes I used to buy. So here's my question...

How do you know what the filter size is for any or a certain brand of tubes? Is there a chart somewhere?

I'm thinking that maybe a longer filter on my tubes will mellow out the tobacco a bit and get it a little closer to the menthol level that I prefer.

I envy all of you that have multiple smoke shops and outlets at your convenience. My little town has one and their RYO supplies are very limited as I said. Four types of tobacco and only one type of tube. I've tried different searches to find another shop closer to me, but to no avail. The next closest one is 60 miles away. The money in gas to drive there would negate the cash I save rolling my own. And I can't find a vendor for my state (Va) that sells tobacco at a reasonable price. BUT, I'm happy saving big time cash and hopefully will find a tube that gives me a better smoke.

Any or all help/suggestions is welcome!!!!

Light'em up

"Smoke 'em if ya got 'em. Roll 'em if ya don't"
Old 02-21-2012, 08:09 AM

QWAAQ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Light_em_up View Post
Hi gang and fellow smokers!

I've been rolling my own for about 6 months now. Sadly, where I live, my selection of tobacco is limited to four brands, however, thanks god for the internet...I can try a lot of different tubes. I've been using Premier tubes (king size light) for the most part and prefer a menthol smoke. I tried the Premier menthol, but it was too strong with the "mint" tobacco I was using. Even after switching to the Premier Light tubes, the smoke is a bit a strong, but I've grown accustomed to it. After reading on some of the forums, I noticed that some posters were talking about "filter size." I took a closer look at the tubes I was using and noticed that the tube is pretty darn short compared to the manufactured smokes I used to buy. So here's my question...

How do you know what the filter size is for any or a certain brand of tubes? Is there a chart somewhere?

I'm thinking that maybe a longer filter on my tubes will mellow out the tobacco a bit and get it a little closer to the menthol level that I prefer.

I envy all of you that have multiple smoke shops and outlets at your convenience. My little town has one and their RYO supplies are very limited as I said. Four types of tobacco and only one type of tube. I've tried different searches to find another shop closer to me, but to no avail. The next closest one is 60 miles away. The money in gas to drive there would negate the cash I save rolling my own. And I can't find a vendor for my state (Va) that sells tobacco at a reasonable price. BUT, I'm happy saving big time cash and hopefully will find a tube that gives me a better smoke.

Any or all help/suggestions is welcome!!!!

Light'em up

"Smoke 'em if ya got 'em. Roll 'em if ya don't"
Hey,

Why do you wanna go out if you can get them at your place delivered for free ?
Check out our website: [url=http://www.QWAAQ.com]WHOLESALE Prices to the Public- Tobacco, Cigars, Accesories and more![/url]
We have amazing offers & a lot of free gifts to give.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:39 PM

gatrman56 is on a distinguished road

Hello there light_em_up,and welcome
to the forum.....You can go online and pull up
little brown smoke shack or LBSS outa Yakima
Wa. They have all kinds of rolling tobaccos and
papers....good prices... I dont know alot about
menthol smokes but Zen makes excellent wraps.
and I know they have menthol tubes....
maybe give em a shot and you just might like
em.....

gatrman56
Old 03-31-2012, 09:45 PM

jconrado007 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Try ryocigs.com. all kinds of tubes at the best price on the web abd the tobacco, you can not beat it.

Last edited by Chief Smoker; 04-01-2012 at 08:15 AM.