Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Questions, Comments & Suggestions » Change to posting guidelines? / Weird Posts

Change to posting guidelines? / Weird Posts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 10:45 PM

Gwen_C is on a distinguished road
Default Change to posting guidelines? / Weird Posts

I haven’t posted anything in a few months now, but I do read the forums regularly. So last week when I found something to say, I replied to a topic and was greeted with a message stating something to the effect that; my message would be posted after it was approved for posting to the forum by the moderators. It was only up for a split second, so I didn’t get to read it very well. So I thought to myself that it should appear in a few hours, but that was last week, and what I wrote is still is not up.

Now I have seen that recently there have been a number of weird posts. Most of them coming from new members and centering on subjects that are either borderline inappropriate and are only very loosely related to the subject of “ a discussion on everything and anything to do with cigarettes, smoking and the tobacco industry” as stated at the top of the forum page.

So perhaps there are new guidelines to help tamp down on this and keep better control of the forum. But I have been a member for over 3 years now, posted numerous times, and to my knowledge never said anything that was inappropriate controversial here. So am I being prevented from posting? Is this true or was it just a computer error. We’ll see if this new topic makes it up.

Also if there are new guidelines, can one of the moderators please spell them out in a thread.

Thanks,
Old 09-21-2017, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

Gwen,
Sorry about the delayed response. Your issue was most likely a computer glitch, of which there have been more than a few this year, many still unresolved. I also had similar problems earlier this year and had to contact the site administrator about it. Your thread didn't get approved because there were no active moderators until just a little over month ago. I just happened to be checking if there was anything in need of moderation tonight and came across your post here, and have approved it.

About your post from a week earlier, do you remember what forum and thread it was in, so that we can find it (assuming it isn't lost)?

Last edited by masklofumanto; 09-21-2017 at 05:43 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Gwen. Your issue has happened to a lot of people, myself included. Sometimes logging out and back in works. I'm going to check something
Old 09-21-2017, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

I checked your user settings and nothing is wrong there.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

Gwen,
If by any chance you are still having problems, contact the site administrator. Or you may leave a visitor message with me and I'll contact the admin for you.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:51 AM

Gwen_C is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the responses everyone. I initially posted that thread back in May and soon thereafter contacted the site administrators via Private Message for help. They got back to me a few months later in August and said that it was a problem with “vbulletin”, no one was intentionally moderating me, that others had the same issue, and that a fix was in the works. Soon thereafter the problem was resolved and I was able to post a thread in late Aug. But I don’t at all remember what the original thread I was writing on was. It will come back up eventually. Glad to be back and active on the forum again!
Old 09-24-2017, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome back!

I'm pleased to hear that you're not still having problems.

Btw, you were certainly correct about the weird posts. This year had a bumper crop of those!