Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Questions, Comments & Suggestions » Suggestions on a tobacco that does not have as many stems

Suggestions on a tobacco that does not have as many stems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2016, 03:46 AM
Entry Member

ron37cch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suggestions on a tobacco that does not have as many stems

I have been RMO for a few years and it seems like the brands I like have the most stems in them. Does anyone have any suggestions on a brand or brands that you dont get a half of an empty tube box out of one pound bag? Most of my time is spent cleaning tobacco. I have tried several and just changed from Bacco mild to Blue Ohm.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:09 PM

Olde_Toad is just really niceOlde_Toad is just really niceOlde_Toad is just really niceOlde_Toad is just really nice

Originally Posted by ron37cch View Post
I have been RMO for a few years and it seems like the brands I like have the most stems in them. Does anyone have any suggestions on a brand or brands that you dont get a half of an empty tube box out of one pound bag? Most of my time is spent cleaning tobacco. I have tried several and just changed from Bacco mild to Blue Ohm.
You might want to take a peek at: www.cigarandpipes.com ...I Just started using them. They are a Distributor, Retailer, and now on-line e- tailer. Their primary line is Smokin Joes, and they offer the complete line. I now have tried Four different blends, and all are very minimal in stems. You mentioned OHM Blue. I have a bag of it, and find Smokin Joes at least equal to or better in the cleanliness. Plus, the pricing is better. If you go to their website, you will find the tobacco description lacking. Give them a call, they are most helpful in pairing you up with your taste requirements.

If you talk to a young Gent named Joe, tell him, Tom in Colorado referred you to them, With that, he will hang-up the phone. LOL. I just today received 6 lbs.

Also, www.pipesandcigars.com has a huge "value tobacco line". They are most helpful as well. These are now my two preferred vendors. The bad is, neither one sell's Tubes.

For tubes, if your willing and able to clear the cobwebs off your wallet and spend a Benji, www.tedtobacco.com has the best tube prices I've found. They have OHM tobacco too.

Hope this helps,

Tom
Old 05-26-2016, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

If cost isn't an issue, get some gawith & Hoggarth. There is no junk in it. None. ~$50 per 500g
Old 02-22-2017, 04:21 AM
Banned

ZigZagZeppelin is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ron37cch View Post
Avoid the "value tobaccos."

You get what u pay for. Buy premium tobacco, its still much cheaper then commercially processed name brand cigarettes. Lots cheaper.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

I have heard some whole leaf advocates claim that smaller stems add flavor. I personally use stems that I can break up with my fingers,the ones that look like tree trunks get thrown away. I am still getting great value per pound compaired to premades even with the stems removed, so for me its a wash.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Chris from WV View Post
I have heard some whole leaf advocates claim that smaller stems add flavor. I personally use stems that I can break up with my fingers,the ones that look like tree trunks get thrown away. I am still getting great value per pound compaired to premades even with the stems removed, so for me its a wash.
Stems cause uneven burn and even dropped cherries. I pick out all that I can find as best I can. I have strong doubts about the claims re. flavor ... unless it's unpleasant flavor.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris from WV View Post
I pull out mostly all the veins of the tobacco leaf....when they fully dry they can pierce a cig and like Mask said they burn at a different rate so uneven burn.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
Stems cause uneven burn and even dropped cherries. I pick out all that I can find as best I can. I have strong doubts about the claims re. flavor ... unless it's unpleasant flavor.
I pick it all out too. Every last little thing
Old 02-23-2017, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ZigZagZeppelin View Post
I pull out mostly all the veins of the tobacco leaf....when they fully dry they can pierce a cig and like Mask said they burn at a different rate so uneven burn.
I wonder which "advocate" you heard that from......hmmmm
Old 02-23-2017, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I wonder which "advocate" you heard that from......hmmmm
Must have been you or Mask, before I received any leaf bacca.....But I play with my bacca leaves almost daily, I only make enough cigs to last a few days each time. I figure if I make too many in one sitting they will dry out some before we get to smoke'm.