Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Meteor Shower

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2019, 01:06 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough
Default Meteor Shower

There will be a meteor shower 28-29 th of July in the Southern sky in the northern hemisphere. Sometimes different showers overlap and even more can be seen. I was also reading that the comet Swift-Tuttle, the scource the Persid meteor shower, may be dangerously close to the earth in years to come. Potentially an extinction event.
Old 08-11-2019, 03:13 AM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

I only saw 6 at 3-4 am 8/11. Not very exciting. Persids are way too damned fast. Saw a cool slow one spinning from elsewhere. Not sure of its origin. 6 per hour is not enough to keep my interest. Not even if I had beer and a "good" smoke and a lady to talk to while waiting. Maybe the peak tomorrow will be better. I was taking advantage of the moon setting before dawn. It will be there tonight unfortunately.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:26 AM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

If I were laying out on the grass with a good beer and a fine lady I believe Id find something better to do than stare at the night sky. The beer might even get warm!
Old 08-12-2019, 10:08 AM

It was cloudy anyway. It seems to happen alot during this particular meteor shower. I am not that fond of Persids anyway because they are so fasr.