Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Would you vote Trump again?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice
Default Would you vote Trump again?

Why or why not? Is he better than any democrat that will be running? Iím sure the wicked witch of Democrats is running again.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Yes, I would vote for Trump again. And, barring an economic recession before the election or something else going seriously wrong, I predict he will win reelection. All he has to do is ask Ronald Reagan's question: "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?" For the millions who now have jobs that didn't on election day 2016, you know what the answer will be.

I don't think Hillary will run again -- the Dems are so over her, and she probably knows it (unless she's really delusional). It's already a crowded field among the Dems.

William Weld is challenging Trump in the Republican primaries, but I see that going nowhere. His candidacy is the last gasp of the old GOP establishment. He's "your father's Republican" (sort of like "your father's Oldsmobile").

Last edited by masklofumanto; 06-17-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:29 PM

Bill is on a distinguished road

Heck YES!

I don't see any of the Democrats that are putting forward anything for an agenda that would move the country forward.

Everything they are for would be a disaster for individual freedom. All they want to do is raise, raise, raise taxes to pay for their government control of everything.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:40 PM

KWSmoker will become famous soon enough

Yes- I really agree with everything Mask is saying with this one and anyone who has seen a list of the things Trump has accomplished has to know they’re better off- He just needs to slow the mouth and the tweets down- Apply a sense of etiquette if you will - So easy for the media to jump on that and ignore the accomplishments.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by KWSmoker View Post
Yes- I really agree with everything Mask is saying with this one and anyone who has seen a list of the things Trump has accomplished has to know theyíre better off- He just needs to slow the mouth and the tweets down- Apply a sense of etiquette if you will - So easy for the media to jump on that and ignore the accomplishments.
The media is going to jump on President Trump whether he Tweets or not. The media is never going to report positively about any of his great many accomplishments. That is all they seem to be able to do with all their blind hate. At least President Trump unlike President Bush 43 defends himself.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:13 PM

KWSmoker will become famous soon enough

I concur completely- It’s rare that I comment regarding a political position preferring to take a more silent approach as do most conservatives- My wife and I were walking the neighborhood during last November’s voting period- She pointed out how many democrats there were by the signs in yards- I said yes, but look at how many more yards have nothing- Those are the conservatives!
Old 06-08-2019, 03:01 PM

IronicChef is on a distinguished road
Default I would

Absolutely. I also canít imagine any of the democrats running against him right now could possibly unseat him. None of them have their personality to match him in a debate, nor a record of anything worthwhile to run on.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Here's a story from Reuters today that may be germane to this topic:

DES MOINES, Iowa (Reuters) - Former Vice President Joe Biden still leads the Democratic pack of presidential contenders in a poll of Iowa voters released on Saturday, with Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and Pete Buttigieg in a tight battle for second place.

Biden is the first choice of 24% of likely Democratic caucus-goers in Iowa, the state that kicks off the presidential nominating race next February, in the Des Moines Register/CNN/Mediacom Iowa Poll. Sanders, a U.S. senator, is the first choice for 16% of respondents, while Warren, also a U.S. senator, and Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana, are at 15% and 14%, respectively. No other candidate managed double-digits. U.S. Senator Kamala Harris registered 7%, and U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar and former Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke are both at 2%. Seven candidates registered 1%.

"We’re starting to see the people who are planning to caucus start to solidify," said J. Ann Selzer, president of Des Moines-based Selzer & Co, which conducted the poll. "There’s a lot more commitment than we normally see this early. And some of these candidates who've been under the radar start to surface and compete with Joe Biden." She said many candidates in the large field had failed to make a breakthrough. Nine did not register support in the poll. "There's always been a question mark as to how many can get any real traction," Selzer said. The Register's Iowa poll has a long track record of relative accuracy in the state.

More than 20 Democrats are vying for the right to challenge Republican President Donald Trump, who will formally launch his re-election bid on June 18. Biden has been the consistent leader in most national and state polls since he first entered the race in late April. Sanders runs second to Biden in most polls. The Register said the poll methodology changed from its last few surveys. As a result of new caucus rules, the poll this time included a blend of those who plan to attend a caucus in person and those who will participate in a virtual caucus online or by phone. That makes the results of this poll not directly comparable to past polls of the presidential field, the Register said. Biden also led in the last poll in March, with Sanders in second. Warren and Harris were in third and fourth place in March, and Buttigieg was largely unknown.

The poll said Biden showed a sign of potential weakness, with only 29% of those who listed him as their first choice saying they were "extremely enthusiastic." The number is substantially higher, 39%, among all those who list another candidate as their first choice. The Iowa poll was released on the eve of the biggest gathering of the Democratic race so far, an Iowa state party dinner in Cedar Rapids that will feature 5-minute speeches by 19 Democratic candidates. The poll was conducted between June 2 and 5, with a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

(Reporting by John Whitesides; Editing by Leslie Adler)

My take on this: Don't count on Biden retaining first place nationally. He may very well win Iowa, but that hardly guarantees his winning the Democratic nomination. Biden's track record with previous presidential campaigns shows much to be desired. Even this poll shows that Biden support is soft. I think Sanders and Warren are more likely to be the nominee in the end, unless someone comes out of "left field," as Obama did in 2008. Of course, he was helped by Oprah Winfrey's endorsement.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 06-09-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:35 PM

Former VP Biden maybe leading now, but has huge problems to overcome. The least are the Sander's crowd that are already threatening to stay home if anyone but Sanders is the nominee. Much more serious is the possible Biden involvement into the illegal spying into the Trump campaign. Also out there is possible illegal involvement with the Ukraine and China over deals with his son. Biden is in far more legal trouble than the President.

Sanders is so far left that the middle will never go for him. In the general election a Sanders run would be followed by a very early concession election night. His basic premise is I'll tax you to the poor house. But don't worry. I'll be nice in how I run the poor house!

The rest are sub minor league pretenders at best. Any of the rest would probably end up with a divided floor fight at the convention. None would get the majority. This is where an unknow could come forward. This is where you don't count out Hillary jumping in to "save" the party.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
Iím sure the wicked witch of Democrats is running again.
You mean her?