Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Off Topic - Talk About Anything You Want » The best way to Smoke Grass for the First Time

The best way to Smoke Grass for the First Time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2019, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Chris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud ofChris from WV has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DancesWithWerewolves View Post
I was watching the Moonshiners program on the Discovery channel again. They were making peach "brandy". It would really be Eau de vie, not brandy. I saw (by accident) that there were actual stills at Walmart and other places online. No way I'd risk doing that! I really don't see how these are legal to sell. It makes no sense to me.
Some states allow “craft distilling” in Wv you can produce and possess up to 4 gallons of spirt. This can only be used for personal use and can not be sold. If you have 4 gallons of finished product you can not have an active mash fermenting as that would put you over the limit of legal possession. The same laws that allowed the craft beer boom are being used in some states to allow craft distillery. There are several of these distilleries across the country. One in Colorado produces a very nice whiskey that was originally to be sold only in the restaurant but has become a national brand.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:53 AM

Dan83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Smoking Pot is for losers.
I wouldn't say they are losers,just misguided. My brother has been a heavy cannabis smoker for years and his memory is shot to shit. It also makes him hyper active and his clothes stink of weed.
There is no doubt that cigarettes and cigars are better as the effects are more mild and they dont send you crazy like marijuana does,plus there is also the law to think about.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:27 AM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

I am wondering what happens if someone orders a glass of fancy very expensive wine. I mean what happens to the rest of the bottle? It goes bad really fast. That would be a shame! Best consumed within 3 days. Fortified wines like tawny Port can last a month. I was reading that boxed wine can last a month too because of the packaging. It seems the best choice unless one drinks a whole bottle in one sitting each time. Seems silly but practical.

Two things from my experiments I can highly recommend. (Lamarca) prosecco mixed with St. Germain and cognac or good brandy mixed with similar quality tawny Port. Very nice! I did my homework looking up the taste profiles. The St. Germain/Lamarca drink is very well matched. Lamarca prosecco is off dry meaning it has a hint of sweetness. It is not so dry that it is useless for my tastes. The St. Germain adds some sweetness too. After somewhat of a break from my beer drinking, I find myself less tolerable of hoppy beer again. I will not buy Sam Adams Boston lager. I will buy Vienna lager that is less hoppy as it should be. I will not be buying as much IPA. I want to enjoy my beer to the fullest. If it is so hoppy it is unpleasant that is not good. I do want to experiment with Spanish brandy if I can find it for a good price.

Keeping this thread alive just for you Mask, lol. Delete it if you wish.

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 08-12-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

That's why, if you'll notice, restaurants generally only sell cheaper wines by the glass. The really expensive ones are only sold by the bottle. Yes, I've also read that boxed wine keeps longer than bottled. In the last few years some fine wines have started to be sold in boxes, it's not just cheap wines anymore. But, I suspect, most people will still expect fine wines to be in bottles, with a cork.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:54 PM

DancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the roughDancesWithWerewolves is a jewel in the rough

If a rich lady ordered a bottle of rare expensive wine an left half a bottle it would be a shame to let it go to waste. I wonder about this too.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:23 AM

I got my mother drinking wine. Shame on me. I had her try a glass of Port and she said it helped her to sleep without waking up in the middle of the night. Sometimes she will have a small glass before going to bed now she says. I think I will buy her a box of red wine. It will not be wasted because it got oxidized and last a long time. Now I have to do some research to find a suitable boxed red wine for her to evaluate. She wont buy it in a store and would not be caught dead in a liquor store for whatever reason so it's up to me.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:06 PM

I was looking up serving temps for various wines. I figure I am fine keeping the tawny Port wine in the fridge although the red blend boxed wine will need to go into the basement. I know it makes a difference because when I had a glass of Ommegang dubbel I had chilled first, it changed into an entirely different animal when it warmed to a certain point. It was amazing really. It changed between sips and became much more flavorful. Trippy.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

Normally red wines are served at room temperature, though there are a few varietals that are exceptions to that rule. As for storage temperature, the ideal is cool, but not cold. Prolonged exposure to excessive heat (i.e. above 100 degrees Fahrenheit) supposedly can ruin a wine.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:14 AM

Left it on the counter. Should be ok. She has no business going down the basement stairs at her age.

Noticed on the way to the store that the elderberries are turning black along the road. A good year this time. I could gather enough for a barrel of wine but I dont think I have the patience for all that. I will make use of them because it is good medicine. It will hopefully keep me healthy thru the winter. With shortness of breath, I need the security although I never get sick

Last edited by DancesWithWerewolves; 08-15-2019 at 02:51 AM.